Beardies

I tried hibiscus flower...it was ignored with the rest of his salad. His Highness was eating his salad when I generously put bee pollen on it, but then decided that wasn’t good enough. Then he was eating it only if I hand fed it to him...now that isn’t good enough. He’s gotten a bit fat, so now he’s on a diet. Hoping much fewer bugs will make him hungry enough to eat his greens. It will be a battle of wills.

He's been on a vertical kick this week...

1623934011332.jpeg

1623934112505.jpeg

1623934131049.jpeg

Along with just being a pill...

1623934225791.jpeg

1623934259962.jpeg

Now that he'll (finally) eat some greens, I'm trying to get him closer to that 80/20 greens/bugs ratio.
He gets his num-numz 2 days per week, and greens every day. He won't eat every day, but at least he's getting more plant matter than ever before. He REALLY likes clover (leaves & flowers) which is great, cuz it's plentiful in the yard, but seasonal—so Missus planted some alfalfa seeds indoors. No idea if he'll eat/like it yet, but he better! :mad:

He likes dandelion flowers—not so much the greens.

This little turd is finickier than...

1623934717785.png

Today, Stinkeye decided (after a year & a half) that he likes(?) blueberries.
I've probably gone through a pint of them trying to get him to eat one, but nothing...
Today he ate 3. 🤷‍♂️
Wonders never cease.

Stinkeye almost always sleeps at as high as he can climb on his cork round.
Is this something new for Opal?
Yes, she usually sleeps under her hides. Either her half moon bark hut or her wooden box that is turned over (seen in the background of this photo). Tonight she looks like shes dreaming of flying. Lol

Today, Stinkeye decided (after a year & a half) that he likes(?) blueberries.
I've probably gone through a pint of them trying to get him to eat one, but nothing...
Today he ate 3. 🤷‍♂️
Wonders never cease.
Elevated sleeper. Opal decided to sleep high on her branch tonight. 😂 So cute!
View attachment 305348
Opal is so gorgeous! 🤗
Looks like you’re having trouble keeping your corner hammock stuck to the walls too.

Missus is all excited that Stinkeye is eating blueberries now so she hid 3 in today's salad, making sure they were covered so he'd eat some of the salad.

Nope... Uh-uh... nada. He found & picked out the berries and strew everything else all over the place—the little a**hole. 🤨

AmandaS MissSkittles — How many blueberries do you guys feed your dragons per day/week?
IOW, WTH does "in moderation" mean? :unsure:

I could use that, I suppose. I just haven't cared enough. She never uses them anyway. She likes her "grass" hammock more than these artificial ones. Perhaps it is cause she has seen them fall so many times and is like NOPE! 😂
I’ve tried super heavy duty hooks, but those fall off too. I use the 3M hooks for his primary hammock and so far, so good.
@Klyde O'Scope I give 1-2 blueberries (depending on size) split in half with every salad and a couple of times a week, he gets a raspberry.
I try everything possible to get Spike to eat his salad…it’s a never ending battle though. He’s on a reduced bug diet though as he’s getting chunky, so he’s eating more of his salad lately.

I try everything possible to get Spike to eat his salad…it’s a never ending battle though. He’s on a reduced bug diet though as he’s getting chunky, so he’s eating more of his salad lately.
I can relate. Stinkeye is down to bugs 2 days per week (fresh salad every day). For the amounts he eats, it's about as close as I can get to that 80%/20% ratio. His weight is stable, and he only 💩s every week & a half or so... And then... WATCH OUT! :ROFLMAO: (Randy Marsh)

Missus has taken over salad duty for the time being. In anticipation of her baby tortoise, she's learning about every weed in our yard and the neighbors'—which ones (and which parts) are tortoise (and beardie) safe, look-alikes, how to grow them indoors over the winter, etc., etc.

She is into it. :LOL:(y)

Back
Top Bottom