Beardies

Has Opal laid any eggs yet? In one pic (post #598) it looked like she might have been gravid, but with beardies, you can't always tell.

Has Opal laid any eggs yet? In one pic (post #598) it looked like she might have been gravid, but with beardies, you can't always tell.
No, she hasn't. I haven't even worried about that because I keep reading it will be when she is between 2-4 years....and she just turned 1 this month.
Think I should start preparing for it?

She was heftier in that picture, but I've cut out bugs to only 2 times a week. Only salads the rest of the week.

No idea. I'd have to do some digging, which I'm sure you've done.
When did the Moderator thing happen? Congrats!
Does this mean you can/will be moving threads to more appropriate forums? :LOL:
It just happened this morning. I'm still figuring out what it means, but you better be on your best behavior! 😉

For the past two days, Ol' Stinkeye has gone completely cracker dragon.
He has always bobbed, but it's gotten... more animated—jumping up & down with the front half of him, and stamping his feet when coming down. This is in addition to tearing around (and up) his enclosure. Yesterday he knocked one of the slate tiles off of his mountain, and it fell on top of him. He wasn't hurt, but he sure had a silly look on his face, and in the year & a half I've had him, he's never knocked a tile down or off no matter how much he's raced around. He's also taken to perching sideways on his cork round (another first) and tearing up & down it and slamming into the glass door where it opens.

This little guy's got it bad. It's funny but pathetic at the same time.
Waiting for him to 💩so we can take him out and let him run it off in the hallway...

For the past two days, Ol' Stinkeye has gone completely cracker dragon.
He has always bobbed, but it's gotten... more animated—jumping up & down with the front half of him, and stamping his feet when coming down. This is in addition to tearing around (and up) his enclosure. Yesterday he knocked one of the slate tiles off of his mountain, and it fell on top of him. He wasn't hurt, but he sure had a silly look on his face, and in the year & a half I've had him, he's never knocked a tile down or off no matter how much he's raced around. He's also taken to perching sideways on his cork round (another first) and tearing up & down it and slamming into the glass door where it opens.

Waiting for him to 💩so we can take him out and let him run it off in the hallway...
Wow! Wish I could see it! Spike just sits...brief scramble to another basking spot...and sits.

Last evening he got so worked up he actually bearded. This is (IIRC) only the second time he's done full black beard—he usually just puffs up and gets a light "shadow".

He also tried humping his log.

Missus has taken to calling him, "Mr. Grumpy Pants."

Last evening he got so worked up he actually bearded. This is (IIRC) only the second time he's done full black beard—he usually just puffs up and gets a light "shadow".

He also tried humping his log.

Missus has taken to calling him, "Mr. Grumpy Pants."
Poor guy! He’s got it baadd! Maybe you should get him a little plush ‘girlfriend‘. I got one of these for Spike https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029YYDLC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It was the closest to a beardie in a smaller size that I could find. He often sleeps next to her in his hidey-hole. I don’t think he’s umm, you know, with her yet, but she’s there if he has ‘urges’.

Poor guy! He’s got it baadd!
I tawt I ted that. (Looks back at thread...)
1619106455130.png
I DID... I DID tay that!

Maybe you should get him a little plush ‘girlfriend‘. I got one of these for Spike https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029YYDLC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It was the closest to a beardie in a smaller size that I could find. He often sleeps next to her in his hidey-hole. I don’t think he’s umm, you know, with her yet, but she’s there if he has ‘urges’.
EEWWW! You bought a sex doll for your 🦎 ‽ ‽ ‽ 😲 🤣

I'm afraid he's just going to have to make do making dew with one of his plant buddies...

EEWWW! You bought a sex doll for your 🦎 ‽ ‽ ‽ 😲 🤣
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Honestly I never thought of it like that and it certainly didn’t start out like that. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Initially it was just to be a wholly innocent pal and something soft to rest his scaly head on.
I can be so naive at times :rolleyes:
Then I learned about what they may do, and, well.....🤷‍♀️

Opal is losing weight. Feeding her insects 2 or 3 times a week, and veggies every day has really helped her out.
I think that I read @CasqueAbove only feeds insects once a week??? I could be wrong about the source.
20210428_150901.jpg
20210428_150906.jpg

Opal is losing weight. Feeding her insects 2 or 3 times a week, and veggies every day has really helped her out.
I think that I read @CasqueAbove only feeds insects once a week??? I could be wrong about the source.View attachment 299855View attachment 299856

Yes I only feed insects once a week. But I am no expert. The Australia zoo does one day veggies one day dubia and one day a couple pinky mice. I don’t do the mice

Back
Top Bottom