Beardies

Ours always does that pose and sleeps that way quite often too. Sometimes she even moves her feet off the wall so it’s just her head propping her body up. Honestly don’t know how they find it comfy 🤷🏼‍♀️ Little weirdos but we love them

Well, he did spend the whole night that way. The only thing close was when he wedged himself between the cork log and the right side of the brick mountain and slept completely vertical the whole night.

This morning when he started to wiggle... (the glass needs cleaning :oops: )

1614521499191.png

He's basking now. He Who Has Not Been Named has had a strange morning as well—he just discovered the egg crate on his back wall...

Argh! I’ve created a monster! 😱 I made a very basic outside enclosure for Spike from an old chameleon kit enclosure (hardware cloth instead of screening), a bit of sod and his old pyramid hide. Well now he’s going crazier than usual wanting out of his regular enclosure and I have to assume he wants to go outside. I could only put him out for a short time today and the look he gave me when it was time to come back in plus the looks he’s giving me now...ugh! My poor spoiled dragon. 😩

Argh! I’ve created a monster! 😱 I made a very basic outside enclosure for Spike from an old chameleon kit enclosure (hardware cloth instead of screening), a bit of sod and his old pyramid hide. Well now he’s going crazier than usual wanting out of his regular enclosure and I have to assume he wants to go outside. I could only put him out for a short time today and the look he gave me when it was time to come back in plus the looks he’s giving me now...ugh! My poor spoiled dragon. 😩
Picturessss lol

Picturessss lol
Yes! Will try to remember to get some this week. Wished I had my phone with me his first day out...when it was time to come in and I started to put my hand near him, he puffed up his beard fully like a wild dragon! I won’t lie...I was intimidated!

when it was time to come in and I started to put my hand near him, he puffed up his beard fully like a wild dragon! I won’t lie...I was intimidated!
I kinda miss that. The only time Stinkeye does it anymore is early in the morning. Our best guess is that it's either a "morning stretch" (sometimes he yawns too) or he's showing off for any non-existent lady dragons that may be watching... 👀 Gotta admire his positivity!

I kinda miss that. The only time Stinkeye does it anymore is early in the morning. Our best guess is that it's either a "morning stretch" (sometimes he yawns too) or he's showing off for any non-existent lady dragons that may be watching... 👀 Gotta admire his positivity!
I believe you are correct in it being a morning stretch, however I am yet to see Spike do it. Only 3 times has he gone full on wild and did a total beard puff with gaping mouth and the works and all were outside. Yea...is why I don’t use the leash thing anymore. He gets on the ground and forgets he’s my ‘baby’ and not a fierce wild beast.

So funny they call it a bearded dragon, when it is an iguana.
Well, the flag is funny too, but a different kind of funny. Lol

Let your freak flag fly! 😉

I got hissed at this morning. He was doing his morning stretch thing, and I stuck a hand in to stroke his chin/neck (which I've done many times before). I'm thinking it was either because it was earlier than usual or because he's shedding. Didn't think about the latter at first because it's very minor in only a couple of places, but maybe...

He also attacked his pothos with a vengeance... chomp, chomp, chomp! It's only been in there a couple days, and it's already half gone/dead. :eek:

I'm thinking... he's grumpy.

He also attacked his pothos with a vengeance... chomp, chomp, chomp! It's only been in there a couple days, and it's already half gone/dead. :eek:

I'm thinking... he's grumpy.
Here's a pic of the pothos he's been demolishing...
1616513642283.jpeg

Yesterday, only the bottom chomp was gone. Today, he added another one (top) that perfectly matches his snout/jaw line. He's pretty much destroyed that small leaf on the bottom—as well as a bunch of other leaves.

There are teeth marks up & down the leaves of the snake plant & prickly pear, half the aloe is gone (mostly from stomping) and significant chunkage gone from the gasteria.

On the plus side, since waking up from the big nap, he's showing more interest in some leafy greens—particularly radish tops & bok choi. No luck w/ celery tops. No fruit or veggies yet, but offered daily.

He still wants his num-nums, but his legs are getting a little chunky, so I'm cutting him back a bit. He's not happy about that. :rolleyes:

The beauty, Opal. Shes a chunk...and needs a diet too. But her eyes begging makes me want to give her snacks!!! The struggle is real. (She is flattened out here.)
20210113_150933.jpg

Yeah... same chunky legs. I keep an eye on his fat pads, but they're all flat, as far as I can tell.
Opal's fat pads don't look bad either. (y)

Back
Top Bottom