Beardies

So much for the plexiglass of the Zen. Spike has scratched it to hades and back.
In order to entice him to eat his salad, I’ve been putting a couple of superworms in it. Now he’s on a hunger strike and scratching away at the plexi, I’m guessing because he wants his super ‘fix’. ~sigh~ tough love is tough.
BT-DT That's one of the reasons I used plate glass for Stinkeye's box. The other reason was that it was less expensive than plexi.

Scratches can be removed from plexi. buffing scratches out of plexiglass
Also: What Is a Good Plexiglass Polisher & Scratch Remover?

Or it could be replaced with plate glass—tempered or otherwise.

The gizmo Missus uses to grind & buff Furface's nails has a smaller opening for tiny claws like a beardy's. I haven't had to use it because his claws stay ground down from the tile substrate. They've grown during his big nap though...

So much for the plexiglass of the Zen. Spike has scratched it to hades and back.
In order to entice him to eat his salad, I’ve been putting a couple of superworms in it. Now he’s on a hunger strike and scratching away at the plexi, I’m guessing because he wants his super ‘fix’. ~sigh~ tough love is tough.
I didn't even think they'd be able to scratch through it!

Quick question, Does anybodys Beardie sleep like this?

He's been sleeping like that since I got him in March, he was little back then.

Attachments

• 06007B2D-6AD7-489A-8FD0-BFD812D02D3A.jpeg
    06007B2D-6AD7-489A-8FD0-BFD812D02D3A.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 92
  • A92A5E75-4CD1-4C99-A52D-3D9AB3D06469.jpeg
    A92A5E75-4CD1-4C99-A52D-3D9AB3D06469.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 84
Quick question, Does anybodys Beardie sleep like this?

He's been sleeping like that since I got him in March, he was little back then.
I don't recall if it was this thread or another, but there was some discussion & comparison of... different sleeping positions in both beardies and chameleons.

There was this in the archives, but it's not the one I was thinking of.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/bearded-dragons-sleep-in-the-weirdest-positions.161245/

Ol' Stinkeye has slept upright a couple of times—supported between (but not pinned by) his brick mountain and cork round log. I'd have to dig to find the picture.

Last edited:
Quick question for my smart friends on here. For my 40 gallon tank I'm upgrading my fixture to a 36" so for the arcadia bulb should I stick to the 12% or go with the 14%? I'm gonna have it sitting on the screen lid?

Quick question for my smart friends on here. For my 40 gallon tank I'm upgrading my fixture to a 36" so for the arcadia bulb should I stick to the 12% or go with the 14%? I'm gonna have it sitting on the screen lid?
12% is fine, but 40 gal is about 2/3 too small. An adult beardie wants at least 48 x 24 x 24 (120 gal) or the equivalent of a cham enclosure on its side. A 36" fixture is still fine for a 48"W beardie enclosure (36" is what I have in a 60"W enclosure). Beardies don't need full width like chams, and need places to go with less/no UVB.

Back
Top Bottom