Beardies

Hey, just preordered a baby beardie from a local reptile shop.
Does anyone have any good caresheets or sites or things I should know?
I would like to have the enclosure and everything set up before we get it home.

Is there a way to sex baby beardies? Just so I know what look for when I go back.
Hello!

Attachments

• 20201106_162955.jpg
    20201106_162955.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 61
Hey, just preordered a baby beardie from a local reptile shop.
Does anyone have any good caresheets or sites or things I should know?
I would like to have the enclosure and everything set up before we get it home.

Is there a way to sex baby beardies? Just so I know what look for when I go back.
My older sister has a baby silky bearded dragon
This might just be my sisters but they absolutely love melons specifically cantaloupe plus it has a lot of vitamin A which they need to prevent tooth/Jaw rotting
He also eats 2 3/4s inch crickets everyday
They love there heat rocks and hiding under things in there cage
Here is a picture of my sisters cage
He was sleeping thats why he looks dead I promise he's fine ?

Attachments

• 16047189516652911338752788749010.jpg
    16047189516652911338752788749010.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 16047190190047192004029556316107.jpg
    16047190190047192004029556316107.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 75
This might just be my sisters but they absolutely love melons specifically cantaloupe plus it has a lot of vitamin A which they need to prevent tooth/Jaw rotting
Did you say he eats 2 crickets each day? How old is he?

Cool patterns he has on his back.

I am not sure of his exact age but he's probably around 6 months old he has Melon chunks and 2 crickets everyday not just crickets.
I think beardeddragon.org would be a very good site for your sister. She should check it out. I dont think she is feeding the beardy enough items, or enough leafy greens. ?

Here are some texts from their care sheets.
Screenshot_20201106-203156_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201106-203346_Chrome.jpg

Little cutie! Along with what @AmandaS has told you, I notice it looks like he has a sand substrate. Those can be quite dangerous for any reptile, especially the calci-sand. Besides blocking the femoral pores, they can cause impaction. Do have your sister check out the beardie site.

AmandaS, any idea what she's stressed about?

Well... he crawled out of his "hole" again today; it's been a little over 2 weeks since he last graced us with an appearance.
He crawled back in again—for one day, but kept his eyes open the whole day (as far as we could tell).
Then today (Sun 11/8) he came out first thing in the morning and basked all day—no interest in food.

Mid-afternoon was a first... he actually black-bearded! ? He's never done that before in the year+ that we've had him; he's puffed it out on occasion, but it's never turned black. It was magnificent. We figured the previous lack was because of his morphs (hypo and translucent). Could this be age related? I've seen nothing about that in any of the literature or forums.

Can't wait to see what this next week brings...

Can't wait to see what this next week brings...
Got up this morning to find he ? his bed. I wouldn't have thought they'd do that; most animals don't or won't. A real PITA to clean up; my snausage-fingered hands don't fit under his brick mountain.

He's also displaying his own stress marks—no idea what that's about. Tried searching "stress marks following brumation" but came up with bupkis.

Must be something in the air! Ours has woken up this morning and started arm waving. She’s never done it before with us in the time we have had her.
Not sure whether she did it before with her old owner but they wouldn’t have noticed anyway as she was kept in the conservatory out the way. Out of sight out of mind ?
Wonder what the next thing will be now they are waking up ?

I'm having trouble figuring out if he's waking up or not. He's sleeping later, going to bed earlier, and not eating yet. He used to sleep anywhere; now he makes the effort to use the hide, which he never used before this brumation. ?‍♂️

I'm having trouble figuring out if he's waking up or not. He's sleeping later, going to bed earlier, and not eating yet. He used to sleep anywhere; now he makes the effort to use the hide, which he never used before this brumation. ?‍♂️
He is so indecisive

Spike kind of did the same when he woke up. It took a few days for him to get his groove back. Since his brumation thing, he does sleep in his hide sometimes, where he never did before. And yes, he’s pooped his bed before.

So much for the plexiglass of the Zen. Spike has scratched it to hades and back.
In order to entice him to eat his salad, I’ve been putting a couple of superworms in it. Now he’s on a hunger strike and scratching away at the plexi, I’m guessing because he wants his super ‘fix’. ~sigh~ tough love is tough.

Back
Top Bottom