Bearded Pygmy Chameleon eggs

congrats! let me know when they hatch, I would LOVE to purchase one. But I would get some hatch rite and incubate them.. look into it more.. sorry I dont have any links for pygmy cham egg incubation though, but good luck! and Im sure someone else will help you out.

Iv got hatch rite but i need to know what temp how much water how deep should the eggs be and how long do they incubate?

Iv got hatch rite but i need to know what temp how much water how deep should the eggs be and how long do they incubate?

with hatchrite if its a fresh bag you probally dont haveta add any water, if your using a deli cup just add an inch an a half of hatchrite in ur container i use my finger to make a lil indent an set the eggs in that an kinda bkfill to the eggs.i put mine about half burried an half sticking out, others may doit diff, makin sure not to be turning the eggs as you do this stuff..
Its been awhile since i hatch lil pygs but i think its around 60 days..
make sure you have lots of lil fruit flies ready when its about time they are tiny an need little food.
oh an temps were just temps in the closet 72-75

with hatchrite if its a fresh bag you probally dont haveta add any water, if your using a deli cup just add an inch an a half of hatchrite in ur container i use my finger to make a lil indent an set the eggs in that an kinda bkfill to the eggs.i put mine about half burried an half sticking out, others may doit diff, makin sure not to be turning the eggs as you do this stuff..
Its been awhile since i hatch lil pygs but i think its around 60 days..
make sure you have lots of lil fruit flies ready when its about time they are tiny an need little food.
oh an temps were just temps in the closet 72-75

did you say around 60 days for them to hatch? that is crazy, I did not know pymys hatched so quickly... how cool.

Yeah mine hatch at about 60 days when kept on the warmer end of the incubation temp spectrum. The longest incubation I had was around 90 days.

Rob had it right with the range he suggested. 64-77 for incubation temps. Staying more in the 75 degree range had a much quicker incubation time (50-60 days) than staying at lower temps like 65 (90+ days).

Thank you everyone for the info Im all shaky like a new father lol.

Lol you think your trembling now wait till they hatch... i was just goin thru one my old pyg threads an snagged a few pics of babies an itll show you the size were talkin bout... oh it is cuteness overload...
IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

So far so good. I haven't really messed with them much just kinda waiting for these long 2 months to pass lol. Should the eggs have expanded already?

You will probably notice at week 4 thru hatching date. Your female should lay a few cluches during the egg laying season. The babies will grow fast, so take lots of pictures. I had a few reach adult size in 5 months (surpassing the parents in weight) The parents were WC so that might have had a little to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom