Back from Chameleon-Expedition in Madagascar

thread.jpg

That is hilarious Bruno!!!!! :p. And Mario, how awesome! Can't wait to see more pics!

after the dinner in our small restaurant-house we go for nocturnal visite and find a lot of nice animals...

Attachments

• HRE_camp_marojejy.jpg
    HRE_camp_marojejy.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 369
  • HRE_camp_marojejy2.jpg
    HRE_camp_marojejy2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 293
  • HRE_schlange4.jpg
    HRE_schlange4.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 320
the First Part of this Tour find an End, and the first Guest go back Home to Europe... on the next Day the new Groupe comes at 5 o Clock in the morning, and we start directly the next Part of the Herpto-Research Expedition...
our next Destination was the nice Ankarafantsika Nationalpark.

we find some nice phelsumas and a very nice ground-boa at the campground

next chameleon-tour: 24.March 2012 (3 Weeks)
http://www.tanalahorizon.com/madagaskar-reisen/spezialreisen/rueckkehr-zur-insel-der-drachen/

Attachments

• HRE_phelsuma1.jpg
    HRE_phelsuma1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 282
  • HRE_camp_ankarafantsika.jpg
    HRE_camp_ankarafantsika.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 321
  • HRE_sanzinia1.jpg
    HRE_sanzinia1.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 310
meeting with furcifer rhinoceratus

yes it was... the second part of this 6 week adventure (last 3 weeks)
we have the target to make a documantary about the colourmorphs
of furcifer pardalis... and also the rare chameleons like furcifer rhinoceratus and furcifer timoni...
we found rhinoceratus at the second day in ankarafantsika, very nice animals

next chameleon-tour:
http://www.tanalahorizon.com/madagaskar-reisen/spezialreisen/rueckkehr-zur-insel-der-drachen/

for infos mail at: [email protected]

Attachments

• HRE_rhino1.jpg
    HRE_rhino1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 361
  • HRE_rhino2.jpg
    HRE_rhino2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 340

Attachments

• HRE_ankaramy2.jpg
    HRE_ankaramy2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 340
  • HRE_ankaramy3.jpg
    HRE_ankaramy3.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 343
  • HRE_ankaramy1.jpg
    HRE_ankaramy1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 337
so kool i am currently saving for a trip to madagascar, i cant wait, thanks for all the great pics

Wow!! nosy falys are the coolest
on page two theres a picture of what looks like a panther laying eggs in your campsite!?

yes, we arraved at nosy Mangabe and build our tents, and then we find on the ground a female who was laying eggs, but no bush around... that was crazy

thank you for all the fabulous pictures! It is so awesome to see them in their natural habitat! We are all jealous!!!

Your thread makes my Apalachicola trip look like a trip to the convenience store,...
:D well I am sure that is more than most of us has done. I need to plan an excursion in our "backyard" soon. One of the perks of living in the Southeast. Traveling to Madagascar is on my bucket list. Thanks for sharing Mario.

no thanx guys ;)
from ankify we go in direction ambilobe... but before we arrived there we find a nice panther around 40 kilometers away from abilobe

for all who are interested in a travel to madagascar can ask Thorsten (Tourleader from Tanalahorizon) directly, he will give you answers to your
questions

Attachments

• HRE_Androngobe1.jpg
    HRE_Androngobe1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 377
Colourmorphs of Furcifer pardalis

we arrived in Ambilobe and at the next day we drive slowly from Ambilobe to Sirama to see whats the differnez between this colourmorphs.
but every few meters there was changing coloursmorphs and we didnt find parameters to separate sirama from ambilobe colourmorph.... thats why we
handle it like this...we call it AMBILORAMA...

for everyone who whant to see it in real can join us on the next chameleon-tour in 2012

info: http://www.tanalahorizon.com/madagaskar-reisen/spezialreisen/rueckkehr-zur-insel-der-drachen/

Attachments

• HRE_ambilobe1.jpg
    HRE_ambilobe1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 344
  • HRE_ambilobe2.jpg
    HRE_ambilobe2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 327
  • HRE_ambilobe3.jpg
    HRE_ambilobe3.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 348
Back
Top Bottom