Back but with good news this time...

herpluva

It has been what seems like a while since I posted last. I have been really busy but good news about Tarzan. I put him in his cage and collaborated some great advice from this board. Bloodwork- nothing- completely fine other than slightly dehydrated.
I took the advice of don't feed him so much. I did not feed the bugger for 2.5 days. I figured out he likes to eat late in the day. I only feed him every other day now and he downs about 4 big fat horn worms and 5-8 crix. I give him the biggest feeders of the two. The bigger the better with him.
I re did his cage and made him more room to roam and less foliage. For some reason with him he likes it bare- unlike my other chams. I kept up with the syringe feeding him electrodize till I noticed him drinking when I misted him.
I am glad to report he is doing well in his cage. He is gaining his weight back, no longer dehydrated, pooping, and doing everything like a normal cham. He still likes to roam his cage but he is not climbing the top like he use to. He loves to watch me but does not like to be held unless he is out of his cage. He is very territorial in his cage and started with a new spotted pattern when pissed. It is really cool. He comes to the front of the cage and just watches me. It is really neat and his entire personality has changed. I guess I tried to hard to make sure everything was perfect for him and with him but he just needed me to let him be and get hungry. I think he was under cage stress due to heavy greenery and vines. I keep a humidifier on him and mist him 3 times a day. He is doing great. Thanks for all the advice and have learned to just let him be. He has been high strung from the get go but me trying to make it better made it worse. Thanks again to all who replied to all of my posts and gave me some great advice. So the piss head lives on in a much more stress free environment. THANKS and Tarzan thanks you too.:D

Back
Top Bottom