are semi-frozen roaches okay for chameleon??

Charlieemma

Hey so my chameleon is getting on in age now and he has exceeded expectations as he was nearly dead when i adopt him 4.5 years ago (he was around a year old then) and has recently had a vet check up with blood tests, x-ray and stool sample taken and all came back very good. He is though showing some signs of age and, maybe through fault of my own hand feeding, his tongue never really extended very much (he had MBD when i got him so i don't know if this damages their tongue??) so he finds it hard to eat and i have to place insect inside his mouth for him. he has a good appetite but his mouth is becoming more erratic as i feed him and he accidentally bite my finger the other day and cracked right through my nail so i am reluctant to keep hand feeding him. i am in a warm climate so the bugs i feed him are very fast and what i want to know is if its okay for a chameleon to eat semi frozen bugs and this makes it super easy to feed him as they're not riggling 100mph! but will this affect his temperature if he eats very cold bugs or will it be okay as the air temperature is warm?? thank you for reading and any advice you may have ☺️☺️💗 thank you thank you

Back
Top Bottom