Baby Quad pics!

ferretinmyshoes

Veterinarian
Staff member
Here's what I'm up to most recently! I have two baby quads and they're just the cutest little things! I wasn't planning on breeding after the panthers - it's just very time and labor intensive. Tylene needed a retirement home for a quad breeder with repro problems so she came to live with me. She was apparently retaining some sperm because about a month after I got her she laid three long monstrous eggs. I incubated them for fun and sure enough they were fertile! Only two babies though. Just the perfect amount for me though. :)

Look how cute they are!

Oh my gosh, they are soooo adorable! Congratulations, Dayna. :) I bought one of Tylene's quads, he arrived on Wednesday. I had never seen one in person, and I'm blown away with how beautiful and unusual they are.

Dayna that is wonderful, as you know I am a quad nut. I find them unusual and fascinating at the same time. I am glad you took the girl and even happier you have more babies in you house. Your son is still the cutest baby on the planet.

Grandbabies! I love it. So glad they hatched.

Chameleons are so bizarre, it's hard to believe she could drop a clutch of yolks, prolapse, and then start to lay normally and have fertile eggs! Thank you so much for taking her and I'm so happy she seems to be back to normal.

Enjoy those little guys, they are so cute. Love that second picture:)

Yeah she's doing well! She dropped some slugs between the last two infertile clutches. I have to dig her out of the plants to check for prolapse since she dives for cover if she sees me. But so far no problems there and her clutches have been small.

I love how quads have such bigger eyes compared to others! I'm very excited for these little ones :)

I think you mean the aperture in the eye turret is bigger. I don't think the eye is larger. It is cool that you can see more of the iris, kind of hazel colored instead of just the usual dark pupil you see on most chams.
Avoid looking directly into their eyes, they could start controlling you!

Yeah she's doing well! She dropped some slugs between the last two infertile clutches. I have to dig her out of the plants to check for prolapse since she dives for cover if she sees me. But so far no problems there and her clutches have been small.

I love how quads have such bigger eyes compared to others! I'm very excited for these little ones :)

They are beautiful, Dayna.

I love their eyes, too. They have a slash of darker pigment making their eyes softer and bigger looking.

How long from laying to hatch?

In the colder months earlier in the year I had them in a hovabator set for around 70. As it got warmer though there were some unexpected spikes up to as high as 80. So then I put them in a drawer in the kitchen and room temp was about 74. So...not ideal temperatures but the babies look great and are eating well and very active. Seriously though these eggs were huge! I'll have to post that pic too.

Sadly neither one made it. The first one died just a day after posting this thread and that was the stronger looking one. Just the day before it was crawling around and eating really well but found it dead in the morning. That didn't leave me very optimistic for the other one since it didn't look as strong although it was still active and eating. This morning I found that one dead too. I don't know what happened. But it's very disheartening. :( I was really excited for these little ones. I would have been happy with just one surviving. I guess it wasn't meant to be. :(

Sadly neither one made it. The first one died just a day after posting this thread and that was the stronger looking one. Just the day before it was crawling around and eating really well but found it dead in the morning. That didn't leave me very optimistic for the other one since it didn't look as strong although it was still active and eating. This morning I found that one dead too. I don't know what happened. But it's very disheartening. :( I was really excited for these little ones. I would have been happy with just one surviving. I guess it wasn't meant to be. :(

That's so sad Dayna. I am so sorry to hear those sweet little babies didn't make it. :( My condolences.

I'm sorry to hear you lost them. I just had eggs laid the other day from one of mine and expect babies in 5 months so I'm interested in hearing the conditions they were kept in. I'd rather learn from this if it's not too painful to ask you for that info?

Back
Top Bottom