Baby Panthers, going to dead !!!!!!!

Owl

• Problem - Breed in my home ,they all start hunting and eating for 20days!
But,Recently they do not eat .With eyes closed ,reluctant to activities and some of them going to dead...... some of them have their first
shed but followed by dead !!!!

• Chameleon Description – Breed in my home 1 month old or 20days old...

• Handling - A few times a week
• Feeding - little crickets
• Supplements - I dust Miner-Al on the crickets and alternately dust weekly
• Watering - I mist 2 – 3 times daily with filtered drinking water
• Fecal Description – Generally dark brown fecies with a touch of white on one end.
• History – Breed in my home 1 month old or 20days old
• Cage Type - Openings ,plastic box (in the pic)

• Lighting - Fixture one is Reptisun 18” UVB 5.0, and fixture1is warm lamp 25_40 w incandesant. Lights are on from 8:00 am to 7:30 pm,
• Temperature - Temps are generally room temp ( 69 F ) and 77—79F under the bulb !
• Humidity - Created by daily misting and watering of plant. 50%to80%!
• Plants - Simulation pants

• Placement - Cage is located on a counter at 1.5M height in my home , no traffic and calm.
• Location - China
img9917.jpg

img9919.jpg

Try lowering the temps with basking they don't need to be under a 40 watt at that age. Try a 15 watt. How many babies per bin? There might be overcrowding in the bin. How often do you feed and mist?

Try lowering the temps with basking they don't need to be under a 40 watt at that age. Try a 15 watt. How many babies per bin? There might be overcrowding in the bin. How often do you feed and mist?

3 to 4 babys per bin
i feed them 3 times per day
mist 3 times per day

I have on idea what your weather is like there but if you can get them outside that would be the best thing you can do for your babies. I would also recommend raising the basking spot to 81 or 82. I don't think 79 is warm enough.

How often do you clean out the bins? Since the plastic bins retain water and you mist often, it is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. Baby chams are very sensitive to that.

You said little crickets, do you know what size they are? Babies that small should be eating pin heads to 1/8th inch.

Can you find fruit flies? They may stimulate the babies to eat.

I have on idea what your weather is like there but if you can get them outside that would be the best thing you can do for your babies. I would also recommend raising the basking spot to 81 or 82. I don't think 79 is warm enough.

+1

I would agree. I have been keeping my babies at 80-82 and they are doing well.

I would agree. I have been keeping my babies at 80-82 and they are doing well.

When you say 77-79 "under the bulb," do you literally mean under the bulb, or are those the temps at their actual basking spot? I also agree that 77-79 isn't quite warm enough, especially if it's not even that warm in the plants where the babies should be spending most of their time.

i clean the bins every day :)

Ok, great. In that case, I think the most important thing for you to do is raise the temps. I also recommend dusting the crickets with plain calcium most days, and use Miner-all more like once every other week. They don't need all the extra vitamins in Miner-all every day.

As far as I can tell, it looks like you're doing everything else pretty well. :)

You said little crickets, do you know what size they are? Babies that small should be eating pin heads to 1/8th inch.

Can you find fruit flies? They may stimulate the babies to eat.

i feed them
crickets (5to7days old)

all my babys can eat ,i have seem they Hunting ,and there have stools on the floor

Ok, great. In that case, I think the most important thing for you to do is raise the temps. I also recommend dusting the crickets with plain calcium most days, and use Miner-all more like once every other week. They don't need all the extra vitamins in Miner-all every day.

As far as I can tell, it looks like you're doing everything else pretty well. :)

Thank you! haha~~:D

If it was your females first clutch, the babies may be weaker than the clutches to come. I also think you may want to use a reptisun that is not brand new, it may be too strong or switch to repti glo (which is not as strong) or maybe raise the UVB light some. I agree with Jann on bumping up the temp. I wish your babies all the best :)

I'd watch out on your supplements in general. Apparently there is a problem and I really doubt dirty bin and 79 f are going to start making them die by any means. Good idea to bump up the temp i suppose and keep clean but honestly think that is far from the issue. 70f Room temp is considered freezing to me BTW id bump that up to. It Could maybe be just a weak clutch at the simplest but that is hard to judge. I would triple double check everything in and around the bins.Maybe better ventilation. Make sure no fumes ect. anything that would cause issues. Drafts I have no clue but just giving you some ideas to run through. You don't have much time to trouble shoot but its worth a shot. Are your UV lights up to date? Things like that. Hope for the best

Do you watch them eat?

By looking at the one in the pic. I would say they have URI. If you see them opening their mouths and hear a popping sound thats a sure sighn of URI.

If it was your females first clutch, the babies may be weaker than the clutches to come. I also think you may want to use a reptisun that is not brand new, it may be too strong or switch to repti glo (which is not as strong) or maybe raise the UVB light some. I agree with Jann on bumping up the temp. I wish your babies all the best :)

yes! the first clutch! thank you!:)

Back
Top Bottom