Baby Jackson's Chameleon Never Seems to Cheer Up!!!

@jamest0o0 that has been my experience as a veterinarian as well. I see them most when temperatures run on the low end. The last one I saw ironically had started doing night fogging on recommendation of a certain podcast and was using lower temperatures and her chameleon got sick about a month after. Got him fixed up though.

I also am not against night fogging. I am just not convinced that it is the best or only way. I hear that chameleons live longer but I have not actually seen that proven by multiple people, and it obviously would be in combination with a variety of other factors influencing health. There is still much we don’t know for sure about chameleons in general, including best conditions for captive care. We’ve come a long way already just in the last decade or so. Maybe this is the next big step? I just need more evidence before saying that this one thing is life changing like it’s suddenly being promoted to be.

@jamest0o0 that has been my experience as a veterinarian as well. I see them most when temperatures run on the low end. The last one I saw ironically had started doing night fogging on recommendation of a certain podcast and was using lower temperatures and her chameleon got sick about a month after. Got him fixed up though.

I also am not against night fogging. I am just not convinced that it is the best or only way. I hear that chameleons live longer but I have not actually seen that proven by multiple people, and it obviously would be in combination with a variety of other factors influencing health. There is still much we don’t know for sure about chameleons in general, including best conditions for captive care. We’ve come a long way already just in the last decade or so. Maybe this is the next big step? I just need more evidence before saying that this one thing is life changing like it’s suddenly being promoted to be.
Night fogging has also been proven to drastically reduce the formation of hemipene plugs in captive parsons

Back
Top Bottom