Baby Jackson's Chameleon Never Seems to Cheer Up!!!

Jacksons are much different from panthers and parsons
Yeah, they got those pointy thingies sticking out of their faces, right? :rolleyes:

I gotta stop taking late afternoon naps. ....Or maybe start taking more of them. ?‍♂️

Fog the montanefogging chameleons! :eek:

Last edited:
Are you an adult talking to people like this? I hope not. Might find yourself humbled pretty fast. We've just been discussing and you seem to keep throwing insults at people. Not a good look
I didn't start it i am very humble and yes I am an adult i never once said anything about chams don't without a fogger or you have to be outside in mountains to have healthy cham all I said was animals that do love in these conditions love longer than indoor animals in inadequate conditions

youre expecting us to believe you?! that you have 14 yr old cham? really?! after all this? lol
Lol ? really I never said it was my cham I said here is a picture of a14 year old cham raised outdoors in the mountains of hawaii gees you people sure are good at putting words in people's mouths

Yes this. My original post that started this up was in response to petr saying chameleons will die young without a fogger. I respectfully disagree to that.
Ummm that must have been in a different thread because it wasn't said in this one

This was my first cham from Repticon show. I did not enough and lost him in a few months. I did not have the fogger and my thermostat for home was set at 77. I didn't have the right lights at first and did not know that they can get temporal gland disease. I wrote something in the obits here. Poor Rambo. Vet was not available and he never ate much. Good luck.

I didn't have the right lights at first and did not know that they can get temporal gland disease.
Dang, I'm learning all kinds of stuff today. o_O

Temporal Gland Infection in Chameleons

Back when I kept green anoles, the literature didn't say "boo" about UVB or MBD.
Fortunately, I had them on a screened porch with southern exposure, so I lucked out.
I wasn't so lucky when I tried again 15 years later—the UV couldn't penetrate the window they were in front of, so I lost them.

We've all made mistakes out of ignorance or naïveté. Doesn't help, but we learn & do better.

Dang, I'm learning all kinds of stuff today. o_O

Temporal Gland Infection in Chameleons

Back when I kept green anoles, the literature didn't say "boo" about UVB or MBD.
Fortunately, I had them on a screened porch with southern exposure, so I lucked out.
I wasn't so lucky when I tried again 15 years later—the UV couldn't penetrate the window they were in front of, so I lost them.

We've all made mistakes out of ignorance or naïveté. Doesn't help, but we learn & do better.
Nice article temporal glands. Thanks

I've been real lucky that I've been exposed to a lot of lovely talented people who are not jerks on this site, I would love to continue that streak. @TimothyOnTop enough is enough putting people down. You can have your opinion but they are entitled to theirs.
I completely agree with you but I never took a shot at anyone until they started with me so for me to get called out as the jerk is absurd

@chameleonlover1060

Per fogging or not to fog.... There are multiple ways to hydrate... A lot depends on your ambient levels as well. It is not one size fits all approach.
So base it off what your levels are... If they are lower then 75% at night even with a 3-4 minute misting session then fogging may work for you.

Now then let me give you resources:

https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-naturalistic-hydration/
https://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/ep-89-naturalistic-hydration-for-chameleons/

https://chameleonacademy.com/the-jacksons-chameleon-trioceros-jacksonii/

I've been hard on the fogging lately, let me clarify one final time just so nobody that does this method thinks I'm being rude about. I am not against it at all, I did it when I was able to and ideally I would like a chameleon to see cooler humid/foggy nights. What I'm against is that it is the only way and chameleons are seeing drastically shorter lives from not using one. This I do not think is true. Not too long ago, the common advice was "let the cage dry out at night and mist heavyyy during the day". While this may not be exactly like their natural habitat, they still seemed to thrive with this advice. The only RI's I've ever seen chams get on here were from either poor set ups or stressful circumstances(WC for example). Not to say it doesn't happen, but for all of us that have good care regardless of how are set ups might be a little bit different, it seems to be a pretty rare thing. Maybe @ferretinmyshoes can correct me on that though if I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom