Baby common chamelons aka Pip and Squeek

So here are my baby Common Chameleons which I have found in woodland nearly three weeks ago and decided to adopt with the though of setting them free once they grow further.

Here is where I keep them...natural uvb light with a incandescent bulb emitting a basking spot of 82F - 85F.

Humidity fluctuates from 40 - 80%

Is anyone able to sex them ? The green is larger than the brown...they are circa 3 - 4 weeks old

Thanks for the update, they are really cute chameleons... No noticable bulge, so maybe you have a couple young ladies, but I am by no means an expert on sexing or this species.

I know I would have a hard time letting them go :)

Very sweet. I don't know that I'd be able to let them go!

Only time will tell...and I have a feeling I know what time is going to say :)

Thing is you see, that once they have had a taste of their natural habitat, I feel that they might feel restricted as they are ...on the plus side for them...food and water are consistent at the moment !

Close to one year

Here in the picture is one of the pair I had kept..he is the brown one in the pictures above. The other was released where it was found..

This one is very docile, does not seem too bothered with being handled, although I rarely do handle him .. Very big appetite

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 200
The first chameleon species I hatched eggs from was the common chameleon. They were wonderful! Four of the five wc adults were with me for about five years as were most of the babies I kept. It must be amazing to find them where you live! I'm in envy!

I think they are one of the easiest species to keep..here the temps at the moment are in the high 80s in the shade, night time drop is next to none !

Sorry for the late reply. I think they stay in the trees, but further in as they will be less active. Although during the day, with direct sunlight they still have the chance to bask. Longest period we can get here without sunshine is like a week when it's grey and rainy

Somehow I missed this the first time around. Neat species and neat documentation! Do you see many of the Common Chameleons where you live?

Quite a few. Malta is very small so don't need to travel much at all ..check out one of my threads called Night Hike. We saw close to 40 in about 3 hours!

So here are my baby Common Chameleons which I have found in woodland nearly three weeks ago and decided to adopt with the though of setting them free once they grow further.

Here is where I keep them...natural uvb light with a incandescent bulb emitting a basking spot of 82F - 85F.

Humidity fluctuates from 40 - 80%

Is anyone able to sex them ? The green is larger than the brown...they are circa 3 - 4 weeks old
So cute, can't even handle that. It would be rough releasing them back after having them for so long, but kudos to you for helping out :)

Common chameleon after 13 months in my care..

He has been outdoors for most of the summer in a spot where th suns hits for about 3 hours of the day, part of the cage is constantly shaded ...

He is very plump compared to the ones seen in the Wild here and is fed slightly less than recommended on her for his age..

This is done with the thought that if someday, which I doubt will come, he will have to be released back into the wild, he would not get a huge change over diet wise..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 164
Back
Top Bottom