Awake at night?

cswan19

My male veiled Malibu is about 2 mo. old and has never had any problems with sleep. He always goes to sleep right after lights out and wakes up a few minutes before lights on. It is almost midnight where I'm at and he is settled in on his favorite branch where he usually sleeps but hes looking around and still awake. I have the tv in my room on... I know they dont have ears but could there be some kind of vibrations coming from the tv keeping him up? it doesnt give off much light either. Any reason he might be awake? thanks for your help!

It could be from just the light. As long as that doesn't become a regular thing I wouldn't worry about it. Just like humans, on occasion they have a bit of trouble falling asleep and it could very well be from the light on your tv

It could be from just the light. As long as that doesn't become a regular thing I wouldn't worry about it. Just like humans, on occasion they have a bit of trouble falling asleep and it could very well be from the light on your tv

I think you're right... I shut off my tv and his eyes are now closed but I think he is still awake, just starting to doze off... he had me worried there was something wrong lol . Thanks :)

Yeah, I didn't even think about that... thanks for the tip :)

You are welcome. I just read that the other day and I am going to be using that trick when I get my cham in July. That way we can still go in the office where the cage is at and use our computers, but our little guy can still get his beauty sleep.

Yeah covering him up should work so he can get his sleep. He I still young and should have a tiny enclosure so it should be easy to cover it with something like a blanket.

Back
Top Bottom