Automated feeder?

Mansfield

Established Member
Hi All,
For the purpose of vacations/emergencies, I was brainstorming a new idea for an automatic bsfl dispenser, something that had a timed rotating paddle mechanism that dropped larvae out of a compartment, but....as I was searching for components for a DIY kinda thing I stumbled upon this:
https://www.vergepets.com/
Does anyone have one, or have any feedback on it? It looks like it was built for crickets, but my thought was to place it over top of one of the full throttle feeders and have it dispense larvae or other feeders directly into the feeder cup! How cool would that be?! Anyone know?

Ive had 20-30 years of "feeders on the weekend and a snack or two during the week" for adults. this thing looks like it holds less than 2 dozen crickets. Do you honestly need a dozen or more feeders weekend to weekend?

To be honest, if i had a repibreeze XL sealed, id get a bunch of blue bottle fly larva, and rig them up so the first fly shows up the day i was leaving. You could get even more creative with other non cricket feeders. Rig it up so "dumb" meal or supers crawl from the media to a screen, etc.

If you had a veiled, you could do something cool like put a tray of living lettuce or other sprouts when you leave.

I just feed everyone. Then have the dog sitter just check to make sure everyone looks normal and lights/watering systems are working.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, and very valid options. I definitely like to explore the technology and brainstorm!

Back
Top Bottom