Automatic feeders for vacation...

walzy444

So wondering if anyone had luck with any of the automatic feeders for vacations... I have an auto feeder on my reeftank for vacations.. they get frozen and wet/fresh food regularly.. but will eat flake and pellets from the feeder. and i have a water pump that tops off the water remotely..

I was thinking of getting one of these feeders so i can put a bunch of dubias and crickets in each compartment and have one open per day or everyother day.. Just trying to find one that they wont completely escape out of on day 1 lol

81Uf-0iVqZL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg
can set this to 24 hour and 48 hour..

81rjeK69gSL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg
bigger but hold 6 meals and can feed 1 per day

anyone have luck with trying these? Either doing these or trying to think of something i can have pop open when i use my wifi plugs remotely from my phone... I can turn the misters on and off remotely and have cameras on the cages..and lights are obviously on timers.. soo hmm.. just cant think of something that opens when its plugged in/powered up..

Or you could hatch blue bottle flies. Or you could have black solder larva and a crawly ramp. Hell i had one guy just put supers in a thin flat tuppaware container with a 1" slit in it, as the crawled by the cham has a chance to snap them up. Then again my adults could easy go 10 days without food, some only eat once a week.

Yeah Ive also seen those worm feeders with holes so the worms eventually fall out the bottom.. my luck they will all fall out or none will fall out.. lol I will be gone for 6 days in june.. so my male will be 7.5 months old and my female will be 11 months

If the unit can be deeper with some height ,it will be a better choice for a weekend get away,or put a container below to catch the escape feeders If that helps to prevent the dubia escape.

The rotating unit won't seal the bugs in. I've done used one for our chickens. They will be able to move from section to section.
We've been lucky enough to find a local highschool kid, a veiled owner, who pet sits all our panthers for us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom