Assembling Climist, help please

JohnR

So I have been trying to set up this Climist system that I got and I'm not too happy.The instructions are like crap...hard to read (faded...bad copies) and not very clear on what to do. Even the online version isn't helpful.

So this is where I'm at...I have the sprayer installed on the cage, and now I need to hook up the hose to it. But where?

i-KnmC8bz-L.jpg

oh, and this statement ticks me off:
"Tools needed:

Tube Cutter (supplied with some kits)

Caution: It is important you use this specialized tool for cutting all tube connections that will be used with the quick-connect fittings in our systems. This tool will make clean flush cuts without pinching and compressing the tube at the cut end. Failure to use this tool may cause leaks at connection points due to cuts being pinched and uneven. We sell replacement tube cutters if needed."

If it's so important, they should include it with ALL systems.

If it's 1/8 or 1/4 inch tubing just use a brand new razor blade and don't squeeze the tube when you cut. just pass the razor through clean.

Yeah, I figured a razor would do it. But the bigger issue is how to attach the hose to the plastic piece in my photo....

I don't know which part to take apart.

Assuming it's a standard compression fitting unscrew the cap there stick your tubing through the hole and then screw it back on. There may be a ferrule that pushes into the end of the tube once you feed it through the cap. I've never messed with the system you're using just standard plumbing advice.

image.png I just looked it up and I think you have something backwards as it looks like it uses johnnie guest fittings. Those are the types you just push the hose into

You have the nozzle apparatus set up inside the cage correct? From this photo it looks like it's on the outside.

I have no idea. The instructions do not show me what's what. No doubt I have it backwards. So which is the nozzle?

What you are looking at is the back of the cage..not the inside.

Have to get a 9/16 drill bit today to finish it up.

To drill the hole for the reservoir I assume? Did they provide you with a bucket or do you need to get one? Automated misting systems are awesome. (Besides the monsoons)

Thank you! I just worked it up really quickly so he can have a visual. Hopefully it helps!
K., Like they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words." Hopefully this will get J.R. moving in the right direction. Very nice of you to do that. Let us know how it goes John, I've got the Mistking for Lucky and Climist appears to be very similar. I love my system and would imagine you will too.

Yes, that diagram was very useful!

I got the bit and drilled the hole in the bucket. I had to provide the bucket. Now I need to figure out where i want it and the pump.

Yes, that diagram was very useful!

I got the bit and drilled the hole in the bucket. I had to provide the bucket. Now I need to figure out where i want it and the pump.
Put the bucket and pump in a plastic container large enough to thwart any leaks

Too bad someone doesn't seem a submersible design pump with these kits

Back
Top Bottom