Contant issues Mistking misting systems

VisionaryTrance

I ordered a Mistking ultimate value system with the zip drip feature mostly because of how popular it was. Surprisingly, I have experienced constant issues with this mister from the start. I was also surprised to see how blatantly rude "Marty" from Mistking was in his message to me, as I have read reviews online claiming that he will help you if you have any questions/concerns. Anyway, I don't normally write reviews or anything, but at this point I cannot get any responses from "Mistking" as to how I can "fix" the mister. Not sure what the issue is ?

First off, these are Chinese made parts, and the tubing is a very cheap/unflexible plastic, which gets in the way often.

Eventually, all of the connections between the tubing started leaking; drops first, and over time, steady streams of water. I have followed all directions and assembled all of the parts carefully and exactly how they are supposed to be connected. When I insert the tubing I am sure that it goes past 2 seals, as instructed in the manual, but no matter what, The tubes still leak. I have towels under the pump and tubes, as one of the connections drips even when the system is off!

I work full-time, am a student full-time, and I am in/out of the house a lot, so I have to rely on a mister to keep my cham's cage humidity up, and hydrate him. I thought spending $200 on a mister would prove to be of good quality and customer service but unfortunately I was wrong. I have read countless reviews in which people are experiencing the same issues as me, and know people personally as well.

At this point I am about to throw the mister away, as I cannot use it without it soaking my floor with water. I am trying to figure out how I can make sure that my cham's humidity is kept up, as well as drinking water, when I am out of the house for awhile (I try to mist for a minute or so every 3-4 hours).

I will need to look for a better quality mister, possibly an American made one. If anyone has any experience with other misting systems, any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

I would buy new tubing and couplings for a hardware store and quit trying to deal with them if they will not help you.

This entire thread blows me away. I think I speak for most of the members here when I say that Mistking is one of the best systems available. It also surprises me to hear your comments about Marty. I have found him to be more than helpful and actually over the top kind when it comes to ensuring that you get the best from him.

This forums really isn't designed for reviews per se, but I would not give up on the Mistking. It is an amazing system and I think that you should contact the company one more time for assistance.

If you are having leaking issues I suspect you haven't connected them properly. I find them really hard to connect all the way--you need a lot of strength in your hands and fingers. The only time I've had a leak is when I've not seated the tubing or connector properly. Sometimes I feel it is connected and then I give it one last push and twist and it goes in a bit further. I run my system over a hardwood floor, so I check and double check the connections.

wow, I've had 0% issues with mine. Never had a leak and set up was easy. Are you misting more than 1 enclosure? Just wondering why you went with the +$70 ultimate system instead of the starter kit? Multiple cages?
So your leaks are coming from the lines going into the fittings? Not the pump correct? Are your cuts on the lines them selves straight? I can't understand how you are getting leaks if the lines are inserted into the fittings correctly. After shoving the line into the fitting are you giving it a good tug to set the line?
Where are you reading the negative reviews, as I'd like to read them. You can do a search on this forum to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

Did you do any cutting of the tubing before sticking it into the connectors? For it to seal correctly, the cut has to be made very cleanly and evenly. If done at an angle or with something not sharp enough that causes pinching, it could be causing the leaks.

I use a climist system with pretty much identical to mistking I had a leak on mine and found it was the tubing wasn't pushed in all the way you might check and try pushing as hard as you can

Did you do any cutting of the tubing before sticking it into the connectors? For it to seal correctly, the cut has to be made very cleanly and evenly. If done at an angle or with something not sharp enough that causes pinching, it could be causing the leaks.

^ This. If you don't cut the tubes really, really straight you will get leaks. Once I bought the tubing cutter, I never had any issues with leaks at the collets IF (and that "if" is in caps on purpose) I get the hoses put in properly. It can be somewhat tricky to get them in just right. They should "pop" into place - if it slides into place smoothly or kind of "squishes" into the collet, it is likely not seated properly. Pulling on it, the hose will feel like it is in place firmly, but it may not be sealed.

Which connection specifically is leaking? If it's just one spot, it could possibly be a fault collet or connection. If it's everywhere, I would lean towards an issue with getting the hoses seated properly.

I'm sorry to hear you are having a bad experience with the MK. I really love mine and found their customer service to be good when I had a problem with a product awhile back. Everybody has an off day though, so if you are still having troubles, you should reach out to Marty again.

I had issues with mine.. I thought I had them pushed in all the way, but didn't. My husband reconnected them all. They "clicked" into place when I assembled, but that wasn't enough...apparently. I did have an issue though with my timer. Marty was nice when I emailed and sent me a new one, and I sent my back for testing. My Mistking hasn't had any other issues. Hope you get yours figured out. I know it can be very frustrating. :(

You know what bothers me about the misting systems is the gravity feed where you have to keep the reservoir above the pump, completely ruined my preplan for my set up i worked it out but it could have been better.:mad:

Wow thanks for all of the fast replies everybody!

The leaks are coming from where the tubes connect to the fittings on both sides of the pump, and also on one side of the fitting (with the blue on/off cap on it) that is closest to the water source above it. Sometimes they all leak. I used the cutter that came with it multiple times, 100% sure they were straight cuts, but could never get it to stop leaking.

As for pushing the tubes in all the way, I have always made sure that it went through 2 seals and that i could not tug the tube out at all, and trust me, I pushed the tubing in hard. In the past the leaks would mostly stop for a period of time then eventually appear again.

Was also curious what material of tubing and couplings would be best and the most durable to replace it with, although I am concerned that the connections will continue to leak despite changing all of the tubing.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but mine leaked when I first hooked it up was sure I had pushed the tubing all the way in, and out of frustration I pushed really hard on the tube and felt it snap in further at which point the leak stopped. If you have pushed them as hard as you can, and it still hasn't stopped leaking then maybe they are faulty. If you do decide to replace the tubing it's important to get black tubing so algae don't form inside. I have had my setup three years now, and once I got it set up properly have had no issues with it what so ever. I too had dealings with Marty, and found him quite helpful. I would definitely give him another try I'm sure he will help you.

The "easy" connections are not so easy to connect or take apart. I have a lot of trouble being able to hold onto the tubing with enough strength to push it in all the way. I really doubt you have three defective connectors. I guess it's possible, but I wonder if you damaged them trying to resolve the leaks.

They can fool you into thinking they are seated properly when in fact they aren't. You might not be able to pull them apart even though they are incorrectly fitted together.

I have a heck of a time disconnecting them and have to use a small wrench to hold the collets down before I pull them apart. If you don't depress the collets and pull them apart, I believe you can damage them and once damaged they will leak.

I just can't believe you have so many failed connections. Any leaks I've ever had have been because I haven't connected them properly and once that is rectified the leaks stop. If in fact you are seating the tubing correctly, I suspect the collets are damaged. It shouldn't leak. It is a very reliable system.

When I set mine up & tested it I had leaks, low and behold the tubing wasn't pushed all the way into the fitting!

I'm actually have leaks as well where the tubing goes into the pump. Flush cut on the line, pushed really hard. Still leaks. It's like as if nothing is even there or there's no O ring.

I'm actually have leaks as well where the tubing goes into the pump. Flush cut on the line, pushed really hard. Still leaks. It's like as if nothing is even there or there's no O ring.
Its very possible they forgot the o ring! But if you have a spare fitting you can take one end apart and swap the o rings and try that! Be gentle, use a needle nose pliers to pull the plastic collar out and behind that you'll see the small o ring! Gl!

There was in either! Sucks lol Marty fixed it though. He's sending me 3 fittings with free shipping with what whatever else I order. The fittings he's giving to me for free. Superb customer service.

You know what bothers me about the misting systems is the gravity feed where you have to keep the reservoir above the pump, completely ruined my preplan for my set up i worked it out but it could have been better.:mad:

It will work fine drawing water up... Sure they recommend against it but never had any issues. Also know Bill at dragonstrand has been doing it that way for years just switching the intake tube between 5 gallon jugs as they run out.

It will work fine drawing water up... Sure they recommend against it but never had any issues. Also know Bill at dragonstrand has been doing it that way for years just switching the intake tube between 5 gallon jugs as they run out.

I also have one of my mistking pumps above my water supply - it's been working fine for four years.

Deb

I also have one of my mistking pumps above my water supply - it's been working fine for four years.

Deb
It will work? That would be great for my set up. Then why do I read in Mist King setup and Climist set up both say to have reservoirs above pump and gravity fed? If Bill Strand does it this way it must be the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom