As a new keeper

There’s a guy that is her roommates best friend that has seen our comments and posts and is concerned. He doesn’t have chameleons, so I urged him to go to this webpage and familiarize himself with Cham care so he could keep an eye on her Cham. Hopefully he can make a difference

Honestly friends, I wouldn't let this bother you so much. It's the reality of human nature. If you don't let it go, things like this will drive you nuts. As long as veileds stay cheap, and others drop in price, these animals won't stand a chance. Just look how many pictures and videos of veileds doing /wearing goofy things there are on social media. We even see it on here occasionally(not that I think most of us condone it). They've been advertised as cool toys. Whatever this girl has done, a thousand more have done far worse. The real problem is how people think(or don't think). It doesn't even cross the mind of 99.9% of people to join an online forum to get help. Most people are little more than robots, even with phones in their pockets that could give them all the information they need, on anything! How many people do you see that will discuss how to do something or what something is when literally a 5 second Google search could answer it for them? It's a hopeless battle. Keep prices high and protect the species that haven't been sent to the slaughter yet. Unfortunately I don't see that happening for long.

I guess my two cents it’s important to know that everyone here wants to help this much. It’s why I’m here and a lot of others like me come here trying to get better and figure out what to do. Nobody likes feeling ashamed or feeling like they are letting down some creature in their care, especially with the pressure of seeing that every thing we do impacts these gentle sweet babies so much. it’s hard to ask for help because sometimes the things some of us do with our best intent are so obviously wrong or stupid to people with tons of experience. I can’t tell you the amount of conflicting and misinformation that is out there. So for what it’s worth please don’t let it change how you see new moms and dads that really do want to rise to the occasion. Once they realize they have to learn and change... it’s not easy for people. Price is a good point too. Those who impulse bought it at a megastore for a low price with bad info or for people like me that were given sick babies free and didn’t know jack- didn’t have a clue what we were in for. You guys could come in somewhere within the margin of error where a struggling newbie has to then learn fast or re home. It must be hard to see. Just remember people that come here and actually post usually do so because they don’t have their head in the sand and want to be good keepers no matter what it takes. We’re counting on people like you guys so we can do right by these amazing creatures.

Back
Top Bottom