As a new keeper

Like as a new member I am worried that everything I do or don’t do is gonna cause my babies to be ill. My first experience with a chameleon was being given two that were dying and the person didn’t want them.
Seriously I am stressed.
I woke up this morning and Betty is a different color and Terry is not finishing his shed well and I’m a mess.
I need a support group for new moms.
My worst mistakes have been from over worrying. I didn’t see it drinking so I overdid water and bought a friggin fountain. I hover . My vet recommended daily baths. My VET. I only trust you guys on here. I have to hear from someone that’s not a new mom.
Who wants to be my sponsor lol?
We are all here to help! You care which is why you worry! It's a good thing to care

Sounds like great fun and a stimulating challenge. Do you manage her weight at all? Imprint raptors are funny about food. Cant lower weight as much as a wild caught raptor. Builds resentment and screaming if you dont do it right.

I've been struggling to get Benny's food intake at a good place. Her weight tends to be all over the place when I do manage to weigh her! Seems like she prefers to have extra protein (scrambled eggs, insects) in the spring/summer while she's in breeding mode or moulting, and lower protein as she settles down into fall and winter. It's been a bit of a learning process... Benny seems to get bored and won't eat sometimes of I just put food in her bowl, especially when she has the spring crazies! I often need to make her work for morsels, or make it otherwise more challenging to access (scratch pans, rocks on top of her food, stuffing her food into things, etc.).

I've gotta work on getting her on the scale for long enough to get a read. She always wants to fly back on my shoulder/head!

Yea in a way we've all got something to learn, I in no way am a mentor but I try to give advice to anyone who needs it, since Apollo is really my 2nd chameleon I consider myself a rookie lol but if anyone ever needs help I'm always here to offer it, also speaking of birds we saw baby osprey in a nesting box the state put up for them! Pretty cool! Sorry for the bad qualityView attachment 235012
I wish osprey would work in falconry but they carry to the tallest tree and eat. They are fun to watch. Also a poor mans fish finder.

I wish osprey would work in falconry but they carry to the tallest tree and eat. They are fun to watch. Also a poor mans fish finder.
When I go fishing I stun one or two small fish drive over to a secluded osprey nest and toss them into the water, watching the osprey dive and get it is amazing

yall think I will get kicked off ig because I keep telling ppl they suck at caring for chameleons?? Like wtf don’t tell me you know not to peel the shed and still peel the shed my head
2FB4F32A-1F4C-48EE-A809-A2E7BBE529E2.png

Haha I just started apollos ig, I feel like I'm going to start wars in the comments with this new account....

The chameleon killer? She blocked me. She didn’t like me telling her she was killing it. She called me a genius... first time I was called a genius it felt great :cool:
Haha yea chameleon killer... Part of me wishes that it will have a fast death but part of me wishes it won't so she doesn't kill another..... She also made her acc private

Haha yea chameleon killer... Part of me wishes that it will have a fast death but part of me wishes it won't so she doesn't kill another..... She also made her acc private
I can ask a girl who is in contact with me to send me updates yes I’m a stalker. I kinda wish the same for the poor thing. It’s torture

She unfortunately had deleted her Instagram account. I didn’t fully understand why, apparently it’s because she thinks she’s ugly and her face was on her account... anyways, the Cham is still alive... for now. I thought she was listening but when I asked for updates on a new cage, and supplies she just kinda brushed me off. So I don’t think she took anything I said seriously. The most I was able to do was get her to quit taking baths with it. (Hopefully)
I hope she takes that Cham to a vet soon. I hope something changes, but I doubt it will at this point.

The little guy unfortunately looks very dehydrated and is clearly not getting enough food. I don’t see signs of mbd but I’m sure that it’s not far off.

Attachments

• 54D38AB2-B8D1-4264-ABAB-365D7FF8EDDB.png
    54D38AB2-B8D1-4264-ABAB-365D7FF8EDDB.png
    921.9 KB · Views: 254
  • 123B6FB6-0662-46B4-8C76-9766D7D37573.png
    123B6FB6-0662-46B4-8C76-9766D7D37573.png
    592.2 KB · Views: 259
Back
Top Bottom