Are our Caresheets Wrong??

I’d

That would be very helpful, I look forward to reading more.

i will do indeed

However I will not do here
In an atmosphere of accusation, disrespect, rudeness and offense and poisonous atmosphere when people without any credit ask rudely for credentials and dare to devalue someone’s life work just because they do not like its style and lack Information, this is not an environment where I would feel welcome and where I am going to share my enthusiasm.
Thank you for the dose of poison and lesson of modesty.

i will do indeed

However I will not do here
In an atmosphere of accusation, disrespect, rudeness and offense and poisonous atmosphere when people without any credit ask rudely for credentials and dare to devalue someone’s life work just because they do not like its style and lack Information, this is not an environment where I would feel welcome and where I am going to share my enthusiasm.
Thank you for the dose of poison and lesson of modesty.

Oh so only on facebook groups where you are a moderator, refuse to provide sources, control the narrative, delete posts that go against your opinion, threaten users, speak in obscenitys to people who are being polite? Thats where you will only continue to provide? Okay, thanks for clarifying.

Well if truly interested in a legit discussion I think @PetNcs should at least be given the opportunity to participate if he chooses to.

No one ever told him he couldn't did we? People asked him, his reasoning for his care sheets, I did, others did. Someone asked him for his errors in our Caresheets after he said they were completely inaccurate. He refused to point out any.

He is saying we are attacking and judging him, but thats the only thing he is done in his entire history on this forum. Thats all he does on Facebook, is attack and judge everyone else, while never providing any data to back any of it up. Its irritating.

Not at all.

I am just looking for a disccusion comparing facts from fiction, if our care sheets are wrong, and could use updating than we should do that.

Brody is always posting Petr Nectas posts, and I was alerted to the existence of this site, so figured I'd do the same. Just looking for productive, valid disccusion :).
Does this mean you want to be just like me when you grow up? lol

Oh so only on facebook groups where you are a moderator, refuse to provide sources, control the narrative, delete posts that go against your opinion, threaten users, speak in obscenitys to people who are being polite? Thats where you will only continue to provide? Okay, thanks for clarifying.
I have nothing to share with you, @cyberlocc, as your hate is blinding you and you talk absolute nonsense. Who are you that you dare to behave this rude way and tell lies about me? What you have done for the community?
I am rhe one who explain in the cham community the most and deliver picture, video and data evidence by far more than anyone else. That I do not use citations so often is my right and yiu do not do as well so with what right yiu require it from me?
Look, if you spit in someone’s face and bash him with rudenness and lies publically, do not wonder he will not be motivated to talk to you any more and will not expose the face to your poisonous spits again.
good bye and period

I have nothing to share with you, @cyberlocc, as your hate is blinding you and you talk absolute nonsense. Who are you that you dare to behave this rude way and tell lies about me? What you have done for the community?
I am rhe one who explain in the cham community the most and deliver picture, video and data evidence by far more than anyone else. That I do not use citations so often is my right and yiu do not do as well so with what right yiu require it from me?
Look, if you spit in someone’s face and bash him with rudenness and lies publically, do not wonder he will not be motivated to talk to you any more and will not expose the face to your poisonous spits again.
good bye and period

Again, I dont hate you at all, I dont know where that is coming from. I stated, I disapprove of the way you sometimes present things, and feel it Non conducive. I was giving that criticism, not to attack, but as an opinion and constructive criticism.

This entire thread, was meant to be constructive look at our sheets, so we could adjust them if needed. That Changed, when your "Fan Base" began to attack me. When you came to the thread, I apologized and provided that reasoning for my criticism, and stated that it still applies. We tried to change the tone, and discuss your issue with CFs sheets, and you refused. We have tried to give you the opportunity to provide your case, and tell us why CFs are wrong. If there is something I can do better, and tell others that is better, I want to know. However you havent provided that.

Your sites entire wording, from what I read, Puts down the entire community. And reads as if, everyone in the chameleon community is wrong in their ways and only yours are right. I do not appreciate that stance. You just did it in that reply.

"I am rhe one who explain in the cham community the most and deliver picture, video and data evidence by far more than anyone else."

You just spit in the face of everyone who contributes to this hobby. Only what Petr does is of any relevance, thats how that reads. This is exactly the issues we are talking about, you are demonstrating the our very complaint in these posts. You want respect, while you run around and disrespect everyone else and the community as a whole, in 90% of the posts and Data you present? It doesn't work that way.

I can and do provide links to 90% of anything I say, btw.

Sometimes, I still like talking about chameleons :confused:

IK, I'm sorry, this was not the way I intended this thread to go AT ALL. If I would have known this would happen, I wouldn't have made it.

Last edited:
Again, I dont hate you at all, I dont know where that is coming from. I stated, I disapprove of the way you sometimes present things, and feel it Non conducive. I was giving that criticism, not to attack, but as an opinion and constructive criticism.

This entire thread, was meant to be constructive look at our sheets, so we could adjust them. That Changed, when your "Fan Base" began to attack me. When you came to the thread, I apologized and provided that reasoning for my criticism, and stated that it still applies. We tried to change the tone, and discuss your issue with CFs sheets, and you refused. We have tried to give you the opportunity to provide your case, and tell us why CFs are wrong. If there is something I can do better, and tell others that is better, I want to know. However you havent provided that.

Your sites entire wording, from what I read, Puts down the entire community. And reads as if, everyone in the chameleon community is wrong in their ways and only yours are right. I do not appreciate that stance. You just did it in that reply.

"I am rhe one who explain in the cham community the most and deliver picture, video and data evidence by far more than anyone else."

You just spit in the face of everyone who contributes to this hobby. Only what Petr does is of any relevance, thats how that reads. This is exactly the issues we are talking about.

I can and do provide links to 90% of anything I say, btw.

IK, I'm sorry, this was not the way I intended this thread to go AT ALL. If I would have known this would happen, I wouldn't have made it.
Oh boy if you had known lol . I was just waiting for this thread to be a s*** show . I’m quite surprised it hasn’t been locked already .

I cant believe im the one that's got to say this, but...

This thread has devolved into something ridiculous on both sides and I'm only on post 48. Both sides need to cut the crap now.

As the last standing member who heavily influenced the direction of the new care images, id just like to point out how difficult it was to get multiple experienced members to agree on even the basics of chameleon husbandry. And this was with a group of keepers who had been conversing closely with each other for years! lol

As much as some of you may hate to admit it Petr is a well respected member of the scientific community longer than I've been alive. Cyber is no dummy either, the man knows his husbandry and can formulate a well thought out response at the drop of a hat. Mutual respect guys.

Discuss facts, leave the BS name calling on FB. Back to reading...

(insert 2000 word response here from Cyber on how im a Petr fanboy and how that renders my opinion invalid! KIDDING Cyber, deep breaths!)

I say again I will do it gladly
Itnis nit a task to be done in a minute
I do nit do my wotk for being liked
I do it for chameleons to live better lives in the captivity and in the wild
And K do it fir ma kind to start csrinv more fir the olanet

i am sorry if I am not likeable for you
Meet me in person you will change your
Mind

the poisoning atmosphere ceeated in this post by some isexactly what CF criticizes i. fB and otjer media...
liciily, this does not hapoen in the groups ai manage

get there and collect your lroof

you are clrdually welcome
Hey now, your groups aren't all sunshine and lollypops Pete, you were spitting some poison last week too. Didn't you just call me a thief last week for posting something you wrote on here? How did that work out for you?

Experts post caresheets based on good research
Says care sheets are a great starting point for noobies
It seems there is an issue with noobies attack any other care sheets that do not match perfectly with the care sheet they feel is gospel
The only other issue is if experts start saying other experts care sheets are wrong

If people are on veiled generation 3+, they are not going to throw 10-15 years of know how out the window and run with the latest post on the internet. They know what works in their situation.

As an example, a veiled raised in Florida will have a completely different support environment than someone raising one in Montana. The Floridian person is monitoring air conditioning and air flow, not much in terms of humidity. However the Montana folk are monitoring heat and humidity. Both of these people will be making minor compromises based on what they can provide. No one will simulate yemen perfectly all year around, some times it will be too hot, or too humid, or too cold etc. As for me, i can not provide 100% humidity at night during the winter, without a large build up of mold. Others might have problems providing less than 50% humidity during the day.
Exactly what I was trying to get at in my post at the beginning of this thread. I think you cleared it up.

I hope you feel better soon. I admire your ability to write in multiple languages especially with and eye problem.
I asked about your credentials earlier only because to choose between differing care sheets I must weigh the strengths of the authors. The CF care sheets were written and proofed by Chris Anderson and a well respected veterinarian. They have not been updated recently and are most likely due. This is a valuable discussion. Hope you will feel as if you can contribute.
I would still need to know your credentials before I would count your opinions weightier than theirs. I count length of experience toward that weight as well. Not everything is learned the lab. Your field experience is very valuable.
However I can not accept because I said so as an argument when deciding between options. I hope you understand.
Chris nAndeson I know from his 12th year of age an gladly observed some of his first steps in chameleonology
frankly, if you are deciding on things in chameleon related matters and you ask me for credentials, it is very strange for me. what do you know then if you do not know who I am and what I have done... it is n to prove jin is just inconsistent nt and very strange...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom