Are my Chameleons over eating?

Gmas

I have two Panther Chameleons, they are around 6 months old. They are eating about 10 Locusts each a day and they are not small one’s either. Is this too much ? As the guy in the shop said only feed them about 4 each a day and sometimes every other day!

I have two Panther Chameleons, they are around 6 months old. They are eating about 10 Locusts each a day and they are not small one’s either. Is this too much ? As the guy in the shop said only feed them about 4 each a day and sometimes every other day!
That seems fine for a 6 month old panther. A good rule is never anything bigger than the space between their eyes. Here’s a care sheet on panthers for more information on them :) https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/

You can not over feed a non adult chameleon. Its almost a race to get enough food in their gut to keep up with their massive growth rates. I mean the poor little ones are almost doubling in weight every 30 days.

Around 6-9 months before he became an adult, it was 2 dozen crickets in a feeding.

Last edited:
I agree with the above comments I’m no expert but from what I’ve read they grow like weeds from baby to around 9 months and like to be fed as much as they can eat. Around the year old mark is when they slow down and can get cut back to every other day or feed less.

Back
Top Bottom