Arcadia Earth Pro vs Repashy or other supplements

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on using the Earth Pro all the time (not including the twice per month of calcium with lo d) versus using a Repashy calcium with no D and supplementing with lo D twice per month and multivitamins twice per month. I ordered some Earth Pro because I like the ingredients it contains plus Bill recommended it on his academy site. Just curious what everyone likes to use. I currently have repti cal no D and supplement with Repashy lo D and Herptivite. Until the Arcadia comes in which is taking forever since it had to come from out of the country.

I do happen to use Arcadia products... I use Earthpro A and Earthpro Cal mg. Then I use reptivite without D3.... I have a solarmeter 6.5 so I am able to tell exactly where my UVI level is at basking. Therefor I do not supplement with any D3 because I get a 3-4 UVI level at basking. If you do not have a solarmeter then I would not skip the D3.

Anyways I love them. :)

I do happen to use Arcadia products... I use Earthpro A and Earthpro Cal mg. Then I use reptivite without D3.... I have a solarmeter 6.5 so I am able to tell exactly where my UVI level is at basking. Therefor I do not supplement with any D3 because I get a 3-4 UVI level at basking. If you do not have a solarmeter then I would not skip the D3.

Anyways I love them. :)
Thanks for the reply! I do not currently have a solar meter. I do make sure to supplement with lo D twice a month. Just right now using rep cal with no D instead of earthpro but I liked the idea of the bee pollen and other supplements in there i don't have and can't get.

Where are you both getting your Earth Pro-A? Lightyourreptiles is the only place I’ve seen state-side. I’m currently using Repashy LoD at every feeding but thinking of transitioning to using less supplemental Vitamin D in the future.

Thanks for the reply! I do not currently have a solar meter. I do make sure to supplement with lo D twice a month. Just right now using rep cal with no D instead of earthpro but I liked the idea of the bee pollen and other supplements in there i don't have and can't get.
Yeah so you will be good. What is the recommended supplement schedule Bill is recommending? He has been working with their products for a very long time. I follow exacts by arcadia and have done so since Beman was little. I did a side step for about 3 months with the repashy calcium plus loD and did not like it. So I switched back to earthpro.

Where are you both getting your Earth Pro-A? Lightyourreptiles is the only place I’ve seen state-side. I’m currently using Repashy LoD at every feeding but thinking of transitioning to using less supplemental Vitamin D in the future.
I get mine from lightyourreptiles. It is the only place in the US that carries the supplements that I have found.

I feel like @Beman told someone they can use a nod3 calcium at every feeding and then the LoD for the 2 times a month....but please correct me if I am wrong. I was just about to ask this anyway.

Got it from a site called ReptilesRus theyre out of Canada. I checked lightyourreptiles and of course they're out right now. I was iffy on the website having never used them but they shipped quickly it just took about 2 weeks to get it it sat in customs for several days. They were low in stock when I ordered i got two packs. Hopefully they last a while.

Yeah so you will be good. What is the recommended supplement schedule Bill is recommending? He has been working with their products for a very long time. I follow exacts by arcadia and have done so since Beman was little. I did a side step for about 3 months with the repashy calcium plus loD and did not like it. So I switched back to earthpro.
Bill says use Arcadia every feeding except twice per month using the Repashy calcium with loD.

I feel like @Beman told someone they can use a nod3 calcium at every feeding and then the LoD for the 2 times a month....but please correct me if I am wrong. I was just about to ask this anyway.
I believe you are correct this is the recommendation I have seen most often given by all our resident knowledgeables.

Nope not me.... I avoid that train of thought because the LoD version is designed to be an every feed. So since I do not know enough about the breakdown of the product I do not say anything about it.

I do recommend calcium without D3 at every feeding and then Reptivite with D3 two times a month though. The reptivite is then your multi and your D3 still only given 2 times a month.

Nope not me.... I avoid that train of thought because the LoD version is designed to be an every feed. So since I do not know enough about the breakdown of the product I do not say anything about it.

I do recommend calcium without D3 at every feeding and then Reptivite with D3 two times a month though. The reptivite is then your multi and your D3 still only given 2 times a month.
Perhaps I read it somewhere and just thought you had posted it. Sorry about that.

I believe you are correct this is the recommendation I have seen most often given by all our resident knowledgeables.
Glad that it is likely I read it and didnt pull it out thin air. It caught my attention because I do not like using LoD at every feeding and wanted to switch to a nod3 calcium. Thanks for the info.

Bill says use Arcadia every feeding except twice per month using the Repashy calcium with loD.
Anything Bill says is on the money. So go with his recommendation. Just ensure your UVB is set up properly for distances. Your UVB and your supplements work directly together so if one is lacking you can still have issues.

This is the website Bill has... And the explanation with graphs for different fixtures and bulbs strengths for UVB> find the closest match to what your using and double check your distances. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-replicating-the-sun/

Bill has it so the fixtures are raised. So if yours is directly on the cage you need to take that distance he has it raised and add it to the distance in the cage to basking to for a total distance to basking with the fixture directly on the cage top.

Yeah, Earth Pro-A at every feeding with the LoD twice a month is what Bill has on the Panther caresheet. Not sure about the others. I’d be interested to know @Chamlover89 experience ends up being with ordering from that site and what you and @Beman both paid with taxes and shipping as a comparison.

Anything Bill says is on the money. So go with his recommendation. Just ensure your UVB is set up properly for distances. Your UVB and your supplements work directly together so if one is lacking you can still have issues.

This is the website Bill has... And the explanation with graphs for different fixtures and bulbs strengths for UVB> find the closest match to what your using and double check your distances. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-replicating-the-sun/

Bill has it so the fixtures are raised. So if yours is directly on the cage you need to take that distance he has it raised and add it to the distance in the cage to basking to for a total distance to basking with the fixture directly on the cage top.
Thanks for the info! Im currently working on building a new cage set up for him and I will keep that in mind. I got a lamp clamp holder for the lights but it is difficult to get it to hold properly. I do have his basking branch a good distance away from the lighting that was the only way I could get it to work properly. The new cage will hopefully work out better. I got one from Bill this time rather than the cheap reptibreeze which seems very unsteady.

Yeah, Earth Pro-A at every feeding with the LoD twice a month is what Bill has on the Panther caresheet. Not sure about the others. I’d be interested to know @Chamlover89 experience ends up being with ordering from that site and what you and @Beman both paid with taxes and shipping as a comparison.
All total with shipping and everything I paid 50 Canadian dollars. Each 100 g pack was 12.95 and about the same for shipping. Quite expensive but I wanted to try it.

So I pay about 9 bucks for the supplement... Shipping is expensive with them though. So on one package it is like 10 bucks. So I do not order small amounts. I put in my order when I need everything. Then store my excess including my opened bags in the refrigerator.

Thanks for the info! Im currently working on building a new cage set up for him and I will keep that in mind. I got a lamp clamp holder for the lights but it is difficult to get it to hold properly. I do have his basking branch a good distance away from the lighting that was the only way I could get it to work properly. The new cage will hopefully work out better. I got one from Bill this time rather than the cheap reptibreeze which seems very unsteady.
What issues are you having with the clamp holder? Or are you meaning just the dome fixture itself?

What issues are you having with the clamp holder? Or are you meaning just the dome fixture itself?
Its the clamp itself. It was a cheap thing that applies using a sticky pad and it of course won't stick. Keeps falling off. The dome wants to turn crooked on it also when its hanging. It was a petsmart special I grabbed one day. The regular ones were out of stock. Only ones I found that clamped to the table were only 36 inches tall and the cage being 36 tall it wasn't gonna work.

So I pay about 9 bucks for the supplement... Shipping is expensive with them though. So on one package it is like 10 bucks. So I do not order small amounts. I put in my order when I need everything. Then store my excess including my opened bags in the refrigerator.
Good to know about the refrigeration aspect. I refrigerate all my others once they're open. After I looked Reptiles Rus has a 350 g bag for the same price I paid for two of 100 g each. Next time I will order the big bag lol.

Back
Top Bottom