Supplement brand combos - Repashy vs Arcadia

Katy52

Hiya,

My panther hasn’t been getting on with the repashy supplements (edema developed) so I’m going to switch brands.

I was researching the Arcadia regime but I’m confused why that regime has separate magnesium supplements and no other brand does?! Is it neccesary?

I think the below two options are correct but if I’m wrong or if one has obvious benefits above the other then your advise would be much appreciated! :)

Option 1:
Arcadia Earth pro A & Arcadia revitalise D3 & Arcadia ca/mg

Option 2:
Arcadia Earth pro A & Zoo Med Reptivite w D3

Hiya,

My panther hasn’t been getting on with the repashy supplements (edema developed) so I’m going to switch brands.

I was researching the Arcadia regime but I’m confused why that regime has separate magnesium supplements and no other brand does?! Is it neccesary?

I think the below two options are correct but if I’m wrong or if one has obvious benefits above the other then your advise would be much appreciated! :)

Option 1:
Arcadia Earth pro A & Arcadia revitalise D3 & Arcadia ca/mg

Option 2:
Arcadia Earth pro A & Zoo Med Reptivite w D3
Hi Hun can you tell me which repashy products you were using prior and how you were giving them? This will help me to give you the right details about the one vs the other.

I would not mix and match if a manufacture has a "complete care". id do 100% are arcadia or 100% reptivite.

The only exception might be for a plain calcium, or a plain calcium+D3, since it would not have additional vitamins nor minerals.

I would not mix and match if a manufacture has a "complete care". id do 100% are arcadia or 100% reptivite.

The only exception might be for a plain calcium, or a plain calcium+D3, since it would not have additional vitamins nor minerals.
You can mix arcadia but you have to do it in a certain way.

Hi Hun can you tell me which repashy products you were using prior and how you were giving them? This will help me to give you the right details about the one vs the other.
Hi Beman!

The chameleon oracle to the rescue 🙂 Hope you and your cham’s are well!

I was using Repashy supercal no D on every feed then subbing it for Repashy calcium LoD twice a month.

I paused all supplements for 2 weeks and the edema has definitely reduced so I’m sure it’s linked to the supplements.

(Lighting is Arcadia T5 6%, gut load is fresh veg with some occasional Repashy bug burger just for the dubias because they seem to love it)

Katy

Last edited:
Hi Beman!

The chameleon oracle to the rescue 🙂 Hope you and your cham’s are well!

I was using Repashy supercal no D on every feed then subbing it for Repashy calcium LoD twice a month.

I paused all supplements for 2 weeks and the edema has definitely reduced so I’m sure it’s linked to the supplements.

(Lighting is Arcadia T5 6%, gut load is fresh veg with some occasional Repashy bug burger just for the dubias because they seem to love it)

Katy
Are you adding in anything additional like bee pollen? Take pics of your labels so I can just double check them. Remind me is this a male or a female cham? Do you have a picture showing the edema?

Are you adding in anything additional like bee pollen? Take pics of your labels so I can just double check them. Remind me is this a male or a female cham? Do you have a picture showing the edema?
No bee pollen or extras. It’s a cheeky male Nosey Be. Attached is:

- photo of the edema I took before stopping the supplements, it’s gone down a lot since I did that.
- photos of Repashy labels

Thank you so much for your help! This forum always amazes me how generous people are with their time :)

Attachments

• 844C68AB-6A6E-464B-AC57-E2E8CB2B3234.jpeg
    844C68AB-6A6E-464B-AC57-E2E8CB2B3234.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 86
  • B652F507-F47B-41F5-9BCD-D6FE822B122C.jpeg
    B652F507-F47B-41F5-9BCD-D6FE822B122C.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 2FA12B11-12F1-40AF-8F5D-59ECFCE508FE.jpeg
    2FA12B11-12F1-40AF-8F5D-59ECFCE508FE.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 80
No bee pollen or extras. It’s a cheeky male Nosey Be. Attached is:

- photo of the edema I took before stopping the supplements, it’s gone down a lot since I did that.
- photos of Repashy labels

Thank you so much for your help! This forum always amazes me how generous people are with their time :)
LOL sorry hun. Show me the front of the label. I have never seen where these supplements caused edema when used this way. Pretty shocking that it did. I have seen it where the LoD used at every feeding has caused edema but never when it is two times a month only.

Haha sorry, pics attached!

Ah so is it just the LoD that causes edema? In which case, subbing in Arcadia Earth ProA and using it with the LoD isn’t going to make a difference?

Pablo is a rescue, the first two years he lived with really bad owners and husbandry. He had edema when I first got him, could he be more prone to it than other cham’s?!

Attachments

• FB36E5C2-B0FA-4BBE-9932-56AF965C4B8A.jpeg
    FB36E5C2-B0FA-4BBE-9932-56AF965C4B8A.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 71
  • B63BE3DA-17BA-4758-9BD3-E4A49C4E96BC.jpeg
    B63BE3DA-17BA-4758-9BD3-E4A49C4E96BC.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 77

Ah so is it just the LoD that causes edema? In which case, subbing in Arcadia Earth ProA and using it with the LoD isn’t going to make a difference?

Pablo is a rescue, the first two years he lived with really bad owners and husbandry. He had edema when I first got him, could he be more prone to it than other cham’s?!

Edema is caused by too much of a fat soluble vitamin or mineral.

You can have 10,000 percent of vitamin C because its water soluble.

However you can get edema from high dose vitamin D combined with high output UVB bulbs, because D has to be metabolized before it can leave the body. Beman would have to go over which fat soluble is high in your combo.

List-of-Fat-Solbule-Water-Solbule-Vitamins.jpg

And did you double check your UVB distance? Depending on what fixture type and bulb strength you will want to double check this. I have only ever heard of Multivitamin causing edema. I have never seen a plain calcium without D3 cause it. The fat soluble vitamins are what normally cause it.

So arcadia is a 3 product system done in an 8 feed cycle. This is why you want to chart it on a calendar. It is in the following rotation and you stay in that order no matter how many feeding days are skipped.

EP-A 1st feeding
EP-A 2nd feeding
EP-A 3rd feeding
Calmg 4th feeding
EP-A 5th feeding
EP-A 6th feeding
EP-A 7th feeding
Revitalize D3 8th feeding
Cycle starts again from the beginning.

Arcadia revitalize is your multivitamin. It has very low levels of D3 and A so you have to ensure that UVB is spot on. Now you could swap the other direction.... Use the repashy supercal NoD as your everyday and then pull in the arcadia Revitalize D3. Like I said this one has very low levels of fat soluble vitamins. Then use it 2 times a month. But you still want to make sure that your UVB bulb, fixture and distances are checked.

And did you double check your UVB distance? Depending on what fixture type and bulb strength you will want to double check this. I have only ever heard of Multivitamin causing edema. I have never seen a plain calcium without D3 cause it. The fat soluble vitamins are what normally cause it.

So arcadia is a 3 product system done in an 8 feed cycle. This is why you want to chart it on a calendar. It is in the following rotation and you stay in that order no matter how many feeding days are skipped.

EP-A 1st feeding
EP-A 2nd feeding
EP-A 3rd feeding
Calmg 4th feeding
EP-A 5th feeding
EP-A 6th feeding
EP-A 7th feeding
Revitalize D3 8th feeding
Cycle starts again from the beginning.

Arcadia revitalize is your multivitamin. It has very low levels of D3 and A so you have to ensure that UVB is spot on. Now you could swap the other direction.... Use the repashy supercal NoD as your everyday and then pull in the arcadia Revitalize D3. Like I said this one has very low levels of fat soluble vitamins. Then use it 2 times a month. But you still want to make sure that your UVB bulb, fixture and distances are checked.
Hi Beman,

I love the wealth of knowledge you share!

You responded to my posts regarding my panther, Simba's, current issues and my ill-advised (over)supplementation. I've currently cut everything out (no supplements for 10 days so far). I'm trying to detox him and start fresh.

I believe that for the time being, the Arcadia revitalize d3/repashy supercal no d schedule would be the best for us until i get my lightingsquared away. Regarding this schedule: Do you still supplement with magnesium at 4th feeding?

Also, I've heard from kinyonga that you are the lighting expert and I believe that both you and kinyonga inquired which uvb bulb I was currently using in my post. I am going to get new lighting tomorrow. Are any twist in bulbs sufficient? If so, which is the best option for the exoterra 48 x 24 x 24 enclosure? The tube lighting is excellent but a stretch for my budget for the next 3 weeks. 😒

Hi Beman,

I love the wealth of knowledge you share!

You responded to my posts regarding my panther, Simba's, current issues and my ill-advised (over)supplementation. I've currently cut everything out (no supplements for 10 days so far). I'm trying to detox him and start fresh.

I believe that for the time being, the Arcadia revitalize d3/repashy supercal no d schedule would be the best for us until i get my lightingsquared away. Regarding this schedule: Do you still supplement with magnesium at 4th feeding?

Also, I've heard from kinyonga that you are the lighting expert and I believe that both you and kinyonga inquired which uvb bulb I was currently using in my post. I am going to get new lighting tomorrow. Are any twist in bulbs sufficient? If so, which is the best option for the exoterra 48 x 24 x 24 enclosure? The tube lighting is excellent but a stretch for my budget for the next 3 weeks. 😒
Hey there.
So Arcadia supplements have to be used with the correct UVI level at basking. So if there is a lighting issue I would not move to this supplement. Make sure you are still using calcium without D3 this balances the calcium to phosphorus ratio of the feeder which is very important for bone health. You can detox them on the other supplements containing D3 or A if these were being over supplemented and the concern is a D3 or A toxicity.

Per your exact question. Yes you could use the revitalize D3 as your multivitamin and repashy Supercal NoD. Your rotation would be the Repashy NoD at all feedings and then the revitalize D3 two times a month say the 1st and the 15th. But again due to the extremely low levels of fat soluble vitamins in this one you have to make sure that the UVB lighting is spot on at basking.

No compact screw in bulbs are sufficient. Your wanting a T5HO fixture and a 5.0 or 6% bulb in a 24 inch for your cage size. This is the best option and the recommended option for chams. Without the correct lighting and distance to basking chams suffer from failure to thrive, MBD, and other major health issues.

Back
Top Bottom