Anyone Breeding Indian Stick Bugs?

NewOwner

Hey im gonna start breeding them, so im wondering if anyone else is? And i am creating this thread for some tips..

I am defiantely new to breeding anything, and would love tips or suggestions on how to do better at this.. :D

Thanks all,

-Levi

Go to the Phasmid Forum! All you need is blackberry leaves and soil. The wild blackberry leaves all around your area (I amin Washington State). In the winter the blackberry plants are dormant and not as nutritious, but they will keep a colony alive.

Hope this helps

CHEERS!!!:D

Go to the Phasmid Forum! All you need is blackberry leaves and soil. The wild blackberry leaves all around your area (I amin Washington State). In the winter the blackberry plants are dormant and not as nutritious, but they will keep a colony alive.

Hope this helps

CHEERS!!!:D

True! You just need food and maybe soil, i didnt use soil for my sticks, they breed fine without it.(some coconut fiber or paper towels will be fine too).
They eat a LOT!!! I had to change the leaves almost every second-third day.(was a big colony). The humidity is an important question, spec when the are shedding, or hatching. One spray a day maybe fine i think.
Dont know if u know it already... but if you put the blackberry branches in water inside the viv, it will be fresh longer. Cover the glass with net, and the sticks wont drown.;)
Can you post some pics of the sticks plz :)

Good luck on them!:)

Ricardo

The blackberry vines keep fresh longer if you stab them into the green foam that flower shops use for bouquet arrangments. Just cut the foam to the size of your vase, fill it up and stab the stalks in. You can buy the Oasis Foam at craft stores like Michaels.

Hope this helps.:D

I have Indian, Pink Winged, and Annam Stick Insects.

I use a tupperware tub with X's cut into the top to stick blackberry brambles into. You can also use sticks with leaves from rose bushes and raspberry bushes.

I mist them with warm water 2 to 3 times a day and they are SOOO cool! They multiply so rapidly which makes it a bit easier to feed them to my chams...I know there will be more.

Oak leaves, Privet and Ivy can be used but I stay away from those. My fear is that oak has tannic acids, ivy is not editable for humans and same with privet so I don't want that in my chams. Again those are my thoughts...I haven't found proof that those plants, ingested by feeders, will hurt chameleons.

I have Indian, Pink Winged, and Annam Stick Insects.

I use a tupperware tub with X's cut into the top to stick blackberry brambles into. You can also use sticks with leaves from rose bushes and raspberry bushes.

I mist them with warm water 2 to 3 times a day and they are SOOO cool! They multiply so rapidly which makes it a bit easier to feed them to my chams...I know there will be more.

Oak leaves, Privet and Ivy can be used but I stay away from those. My fear is that oak has tannic acids, ivy is not editable for humans and same with privet so I don't want that in my chams. Again those are my thoughts...I haven't found proof that those plants, ingested by feeders, will hurt chameleons.

Oak leaves are good for the sticks, even though they like bramble better. But you can switch them to bramble or romaine for the few days prior to feeding off.

Back
Top Bottom