Any reptile rescues in Albuquerque, NM?

Looking for someone new?
Haha...no. I'm actually thinking of finding a place for Hansel. He is doing so well and I took him on a whim because he was so bad. I adore him and I'm still on the fence about giving him up. But if I decide to find a place for him I want to make sure they can handle his needs.

What are his current needs right now?
Not much but the need to make 100% sure supplements are on point. He's not a big eater so the dusting is important to make sure what he does eat is dusted. He's become really shy and hides behind his plan most of the time. The only time I see him out is when nobody has been in the room and I catch him when I walk in so he will need someone who doesn't care if he's seen much.

And someone who is going to be willing to spend money for checkups to make sure he's still doing well.

If you don't find someone near you and are willing to ship I can always take him ^^ I would just need a bit of time to make some room <3 Just so you don't have to give him to someone where you worry ^^

If you don't find someone near you and are willing to ship I can always take him ^^ I would just need a bit of time to make some room <3 Just so you don't have to give him to someone where you worry ^^
I'll keep that in mind for sure. I'm still wrestling with myself on it. I adore him but didn't need to take on another reptile. LOL. I know it's more my own reservations knowing what all I did to bring him around and would be devastated if he ever went down that path again. You know, you walked me through a lot of it.

I did? XD I just give advice, you and he did everything on your own XD

Edit: What I worry about most is him going to someone who wants to handle him, I am one of those people who honestly doesn't care as long as he is healthy and happy. ^^

And I definitely wouldn't give him up unless you feel you can't give him the stuff he needs.

Last edited:
I did? XD I just give advice, you and he did everything on your own XD

Edit: What I worry about most is him going to someone who wants to handle him, I am one of those people who honestly doesn't care as long as he is healthy and happy. ^^

And I definitely wouldn't give him up unless you feel you can't give him the stuff he needs.
LOL, yes, you did! We talked back and forth a lot through private message and on his thread. It's been a while though.

I'm the same way. Both him and my panther are not fans of being handled and I really don't care. I really enjoy watching them and the whole husbandry thing. They don't mind me messing with their cages, just not being handled.

I have no problem giving him what he needs. Adding a second does nothing more than take up space since I had a cage a lighting set up already. We just have so many pets and I was just tossing the idea around.

Last edited:
I think if he's happy not being handled and you aren't worried about being able to provide him with things then I wouldn't worry. Honestly it doesn't sound like he is a cham that takes a lot of time other than the regular cleaning etc, and feeding.

I think if he's happy not being handled and you aren't worried about being able to provide him with things then I wouldn't worry. Honestly it doesn't sound like he is a cham that takes a lot of time other than the regular cleaning etc, and feeding.
True. And he's cute. Like I said, I was just wrestling with myself on it. Didn't really want to but was kicking the idea around though since he was an unexpected addition.

I get that, currently I have convinced myself to give up two of my crested gecko rescues because it's a necessity, mostly because I don't have the time for them. I can give them what they need as far as vet care and food. But I cannot keep up with care otherwise. So I have a friend who has been looking for some cresteds for a while, and these guys are ones who would do well with him, so he will be taking him in a couple months likely. Until then I just remove the eggs she lays and start incubating them. Currently I have three and all are very viable for now.

I get that, currently I have convinced myself to give up two of my crested gecko rescues because it's a necessity, mostly because I don't have the time for them. I can give them what they need as far as vet care and food. But I cannot keep up with care otherwise. So I have a friend who has been looking for some cresteds for a while, and these guys are ones who would do well with him, so he will be taking him in a couple months likely. Until then I just remove the eggs she lays and start incubating them. Currently I have three and all are very viable for now.
I can't imagine doing a rescue. My vet before I moved asked if I would be willing to take anything reptile he had come in that needed a place but I had to decline since we were a week from moving. My husband would probably want to shoot me too if I did. :D

I would have a hard time letting them go to new homes. No one would be good enough. Or I would obsess and be super picky and annoying to whoever took them.

If I kept everything that came through my door I would be drowning in scales, fur, and feathers. But my adoption process is painful likely for most people.

Back
Top Bottom