Imperial reptiles

Nor have I, but after looking at their website, I highly doubt that they breed their own chameleons and might venture a guess that they get them from sources similar to that of the big box pet stores. @TheMotherChameleon if you have your heart set on a veiled, it would be well worth it to wait for one from Frams Chams. I’m not good at waiting either, so I totally get it, but I want you to have a healthy animal and the very best experience.
@jannb do you by chance know of anyone who has or is expecting to have some veiled babies available?

Nor have I, but after looking at their website, I highly doubt that they breed their own chameleons and might venture a guess that they get them from sources similar to that of the big box pet stores. @TheMotherChameleon if you have your heart set on a veiled, it would be well worth it to wait for one from Frams Chams. I’m not good at waiting either, so I totally get it, but I want you to have a healthy animal and the very best experience.
@jannb do you by chance know of anyone who has or is expecting to have some veiled babies available?

No, I don’t know anyone with veiled babies. If I find any, I’ll post here.

Just to put my 2 cents in here as someone who is also rather impatient when it comes to pets....

Against my extremely impatient wishes..... I took this advice back early last year after my first chameleon had sadly passed away. Part of me wanted to not "put another chameleon in danger". Part of me wanted another one right away. I decided to get another chameleon, but with this advice, wait and be patient. I went with a panther from Frams Chams and I couldn't be any happier that I waited, was patient, and did things right this time around.

I found rushing the process caused me to miss some things and make mistakes with my first chameleon. Which is likely WHY she died.

Go the patient route. I know it's SO hard to see those chameleons in person and to not take them all home. I'm right there with ya. But I will never do it again. Now, I truly understand the value in buying from good, honest breeders. In both who I'm giving my business to, and what I get out of the deal. Your chances of successful chameleon keeping are just going to be so much greater buying from a reputable breeder.

I would not do it... They are not breeders. This is a store that orders in reptiles from suppliers. You might as well go to petco or petsmart if you are going to go that route. You have basically the same chance at getting a healthy chameleon. They probably order their high translucent veileds in from the same place that supplies Petco with theirs.

It will be easier to get my hands on one from a healthy breeder
For me the process with Frams Chams was super easy. They held onto my chameleon for me until my enclosure was finished, and the shipping was a breeze.

Had to drive about 20 mins or so to go pick him up but it was not a big deal at all. They kept my little guy inside the office waiting for me to pick him up :)

Back
Top Bottom