Recommended enclosures?

Kimflores789

Hello! I was wondering if any of you have experience with the dubiaroaches.com chameleon enclosures? If so, do you recommend them? I've been thinking of getting the following enclosure (24x24x48). I am also looking to have a hybrid enclosure so any other enclosure suggestions would be greatly appreciated! https://dubiaroaches.com/products/24x24x48-pvc-panel-reptile-enclosure-hinged-doors
1000008781.png

Hi. I just bought and assembled the horizontal one for my beardie. For the price, it’s quite nice…very sturdy. I have a Zen enclosure for my other beardie, which is also very nice, but often I see the sides are pulling apart (at the corners) and I have to push them back together. The Dubia enclosure I doubt will have this problem as it took some significant muscle to hammer it together. I also like that it has glass doors. The acrylic ones on the Zen quickly got scuffed from glass surfing. My only complaint about the Dubia enclosure is that it had zero instructions for assembly. I know there’s probably YouTube videos that go over it, but I just figured it out. For a chameleon, the only concern I’d have is the ventilation being up high instead of low for the chimney effect. It would be super simple though to just drill some small holes in the side panels for ventilation. You’ll also need to figure out how to hang branches, vines and plants.

I agree with everything above. I wonder though if the side panels that have the ventilation... If those are just the pvc board panels that you slide into the frame then you would be able to reverse the panels so that they slide in upside down putting the round venting in towards the bottom. But again I do not know if the panels are all in one or if your sliding those pieces into the frame.

These are the two I would buy if I needed a new cage. I currently have a Dragon strand and have had 3 different models he produces. https://dragonstrand.com/

Then there is Tamura Designs and they make really beautiful enclosures that last as well https://tamura-designs.com/collections/enclosures

Both of these you would want to contact them to see how soon you could get one. They are not produced in mass they are produced as ordered.

Hello there! For those prices I would consider spending a little more and getting a Dragon Strand. I’m very impressed with the quality and they were made with chameleons in mind so the enclosure some with ways to attach branches inside the enclosure without making holes or any adjustments. There is a chimney effect airflow AND most importantly it comes with a drainage tray.

Also, my experience, when I was looking at upgrading my enclosures to a higher quality I did the research on what I would need to adjust to the Dubia and Zen enclosures to make them work for a chameleon and the DS enclosures really weren’t much more.

I agree with everything above. I wonder though if the side panels that have the ventilation... If those are just the pvc board panels that you slide into the frame then you would be able to reverse the panels so that they slide in upside down putting the round venting in towards the bottom. But again I do not know if the panels are all in one or if your sliding those pieces into the frame.
Oh. My. Stupid. Brain. :rolleyes: Do I laugh or cry? 😬 Yes, absolutely the panel can be put in with the ventilation on the bottom. Gonna go shrink away now.
backing up homer simpson GIF

These are the two I would buy if I needed a new cage. I currently have a Dragon strand and have had 3 different models he produces. https://dragonstrand.com/

Then there is Tamura Designs and they make really beautiful enclosures that last as well https://tamura-designs.com/collections/enclosures

Both of these you would want to contact them to see how soon you could get one. They are not produced in mass they are produced as ordered.
I absolutely love the DS enclosures. My only concern is how soon I would be able to get one since I was hoping to upgrade already but I'll reach out to them. Thank you!

Hi. I just bought and assembled the horizontal one for my beardie. For the price, it’s quite nice…very sturdy. I have a Zen enclosure for my other beardie, which is also very nice, but often I see the sides are pulling apart (at the corners) and I have to push them back together. The Dubia enclosure I doubt will have this problem as it took some significant muscle to hammer it together. I also like that it has glass doors. The acrylic ones on the Zen quickly got scuffed from glass surfing. My only complaint about the Dubia enclosure is that it had zero instructions for assembly. I know there’s probably YouTube videos that go over it, but I just figured it out. For a chameleon, the only concern I’d have is the ventilation being up high instead of low for the chimney effect. It would be super simple though to just drill some small holes in the side panels for ventilation. You’ll also need to figure out how to hang branches, vines and plants.
Thank you so much! I really wasn't sure how the ventilation works for the dubia cage which was my biggest concern. I think I will cross dubia off of my list though. I really liked one of the zen enclosures I found, but they were out of stock unfortunately.

Also, my experience, when I was looking at upgrading my enclosures to a higher quality I did the research on what I would need to adjust to the Dubia and Zen enclosures to make them work for a chameleon and the DS enclosures really weren’t much more.
Yes, that is what I noticed with the DS enclosures. I don't really want to make a lot of adjustments, so DS seems like my best option so far. Thank you for your reply!

Yes, that is what I noticed with the DS enclosures. I don't really want to make a lot of adjustments, so DS seems like my best option so far. Thank you for your reply!
I felt the same way honestly. I'm not very handy and I would HATE to spend $300 plus shipping on something that I ruined while trying to do any adjustments for my chameleons. Honestly I don't regret it at all. The DS enclosures are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom