Amos and Fiona's unofficial scale-baby thread

Did you every get Turk a tree or plant for some out of the cage time? I think they adjust right away when not in the cage. Most chameleons hate being caged and some become territorial and cage aggressive.
I completely agree with this . When we got both Septiseye and phoebe we did opposite of what most do . We let them explore , check out there free range area . We watered and offered food right away . Both much rather be out in their trees watching the world .

Did you every get Turk a tree or plant for some out of the cage time? I think they adjust right away when not in the cage. Most chameleons hate being caged and some become territorial and cage aggressive.
That is my project for friday. I’m getting a better suited tree for the cage, so i will be doing that on friday as well
I’m also still having a lot of trouble picking him up. I’m yet to be successful with it. So I’m nervous about getting him out of the cage

That is my project for friday. I’m getting a better suited tree for the cage, so i will be doing that on friday as well
I’m also still having a lot of trouble picking him up. I’m yet to be successful with it. So I’m nervous about getting him out of the cage
How are you trying to pick him up ?

They definitely know if you are nervous .

We have a older veiled Frances , Not from Jann . She is sassy a sassy little beauty. We got her a bit older , fallowed advice not to handle . I can handle her but she has rules . My Son is scared of her and she absolutely knows it and plays it . They have such personalities

Little artemis first shed with us
Wasabi shed today, as well! By the time I got home from an errand this afternoon, it was all off already!

BTW, @jannb , what the heck were you feeding these guys?!! I can't believe how fast he's growing! He's already got so many of his "big boy" markings. LOL!

I was at a reptile show over the weekend and bought 500 1/4in crickets, plus small Supers and Horns. This morning he ate about 20 crickets, 3-4 horns, 6-8 Supers and a couple of baby Mantis for good measure. Gads!

How long did it take for everyone else’s chams to get fully adjusted to their new homes?
Once I gave Wasabi a small horn worm on my hand (about day #3), that was it. He's gotten so lightening fast, though, I have to be careful.
He was on my head while I was at my desk and bolted down my arm, onto my desk and tried get to the shelf with my printer on it. Little stinker! :D

Wasabi shed today, as well! By the time I got home from an errand this afternoon, it was all off already!

BTW, @jannb , what the heck were you feeding these guys?!! I can't believe how fast he's growing! He's already got so many of his "big boy" markings. LOL!

I was at a reptile show over the weekend and bought 500 1/4in crickets, plus small Supers and Horns. This morning he ate about 20 crickets, 3-4 horns, 6-8 Supers and a couple of baby Mantis for good measure. Gads!
I hear you . Phoebe is a huge eater , She has doubled her weight since being with us went through one full shed , looks like she is starting another . She is so darn cute :love: .

Once I gave Wasabi a small horn worm on my hand (about day #3), that was it. He's gotten so lightening fast, though, I have to be careful.
He was on my head while I was at my desk and bolted down my arm, onto my desk and tried get to the shelf with my printer on it. Little stinker! :D

They really do love hornworms and silkworms.

I feed a variety but I have slowed everyone here down a bit. I don’t want them to grow to fast.

How long did it take for everyone else’s chams to get fully adjusted to their new homes?
My girl, Emma has finally come out of her shell. I have had her for about 3 weeks, now. Strangely, she was one of Jann's most outgoing, and would beg to be held. But when she came to me, she was very scared. Each animal is an individual, and it's going to vary. I think average is about 2-3 weeks.

0F655265-A782-4200-9BE3-D22A6A96A5A0.jpeg
Here’s Wilson enjoying his first couple of days after his shed! He’s ready for bed time :)

Back
Top Bottom