Am I able to use this water with a MistKing?

cantgetagoodsn

Avid Member
It has been MUCH harder to find RO/Distilled water delivery to my apartment than I thought. It's either ridiculously expensive or not RO/Distilled. A local company gave me their testing report. Does anyone have any idea if this water would clog a misting system and be safe enough for my chameleon?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• water test 2020.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 169
We use distilled so far seems to be working well. No white spots or anything like that. And I just looked at the label closely and it says processing by reverse osmosis. I get by the gallon at local grocery store. 0.88 cents a gallon. Fill my reservoir every few days. Look closely at the label on the ones at your store it’s in fine print on mine. Not sure if that helps. Hope it does.

I did not see anything about the pH or the hardness of the water. I am sure it has to be on the report somewhere, but I could not find it.
But if I read it correctly, it says you have TDS (total dissolved solids) of over 1000
I would think that would cause problems with the mistking heads over time

We use distilled so far seems to be working well. No white spots or anything like that. And I just looked at the label closely and it says processing by reverse osmosis.
:confused: Are you saying you have RO water that's misrepresented/mislabeled as distilled? :unsure:
That surprises me as they are not the same thing.

We use distilled so far seems to be working well. No white spots or anything like that. And I just looked at the label closely and it says processing by reverse osmosis. I get by the gallon at local grocery store. 0.88 cents a gallon. Fill my reservoir every few days. Look closely at the label on the ones at your store it’s in fine print on mine. Not sure if that helps. Hope it does.

I'm trying to avoid grocery store trips as I live on the 15th floor of my apartment and gallon jugs produce a ton of waste going through 5-6 gallons every week.

Have you considered periodic curbside pickup—or worst case—periodic off-hours trip to a big-box or grocery and stock up?

I'm trying to avoid buying gallons at a grocery store and delivery is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm learning I don't have too many options in San Francisco.

I did not see anything about the pH or the hardness of the water. I am sure it has to be on the report somewhere, but I could not find it.
But if I read it correctly, it says you have TDS (total dissolved solids) of over 1000
I would think that would cause problems with the mistking heads over time

Thanks for pointing this out. I don't think this company is going to work for me :/

I didn't know these got this cheap! I live in an apartment. Are these able to be installed without any damage? Does it still give you access to the main faucet or does this completely replace the water coming out of the faucet?

:confused: Are you saying you have RO water that's misrepresented/mislabeled as distilled? :unsure:
That surprises me as they are not the same thing.
That’s what is says. Lol. It’s at least distilled for sure, so that’s good. Not sure on their claims of how it’s processed. But here’s a picture of the part that says how it is done, supposedly.

Attachments

• 1208D2FB-8B3D-476B-82C5-58067F86EF37.jpeg
    1208D2FB-8B3D-476B-82C5-58067F86EF37.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 113
I'm trying to avoid grocery store trips as I live on the 15th floor of my apartment and gallon jugs produce a ton of waste going through 5-6 gallons every week.

I'm trying to avoid buying gallons at a grocery store and delivery is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm learning I don't have too many options in San Francisco.

Thanks for pointing this out. I don't think this company is going to work for me :/

I didn't know these got this cheap! I live in an apartment. Are these able to be installed without any damage? Does it still give you access to the main faucet or does this completely replace the water coming out of the faucet?
Luckily our grocery store does deliver and you can do curbside. Delivery would definitely be preferred if we lived in an apartment. I know we wouldn’t want to hike them up the stairs, lol.

Luckily our grocery store does deliver and you can do curbside. Delivery would definitely be preferred if we lived in an apartment. I know we wouldn’t want to hike them up the stairs, lol.

I am able to get delivery too, but im limited to 2 gallons of water :/

It’s just a matter of unscrewing the regular kitchen faucet head thingie (where the water comes out), screwing on the RO unit and then making your water. When done, unscrew the RO unit and put the regular faucet thing back on. No damage and easy peasy!

To get it delivered to your door, you're going to pay for it one way or another.
Home Delivery

You can use a home delivery service of distilled water, but it is expensive as well. The cheapest monthly price for home delivery of distilled water is about $25 dollars per month, and that is for around 15 gallons. That works out to be about $1.66 per gallon.
https://www.h2olabs.com/t-where-can-i-buy-distilled-water.aspx

Before committing to an RO system (I have nothing against them as long as people are informed about what they will & will not do), I would check out what's in your local tap water to be sure it can & will be filtered out by the particular RO system you're contemplating.
https://www.canyoudrinktapwaterin.com (anywhere in the world)

If you'd feel more comfortable about distilled, you may be able to get it delivered in 5 gal. containers, but I haven't looked into it.
distilled water delivery san francisco (or replace SanFrancisco with your zip or other local identifier)

That’s what is says. Lol. It’s at least distilled for sure, so that’s good. Not sure on their claims of how it’s processed. But here’s a picture of the part that says how it is done, supposedly.
In my mind, with that wording, they're either using 3 processes (which seems like overkill) or they use one or more of those three, and are trying to cover their behinds—it's unclear to me.
There's an 800 number there for questions; it's up to you if you want to pursue it further.

To get it delivered to your door, you're going to pay for it one way or another.

Before committing to an RO system (I have nothing against them as long as people are informed about what they will & will not do), I would check out what's in your local tap water to be sure it can & will be filtered out by the particular RO system you're contemplating.
https://www.canyoudrinktapwaterin.com (anywhere in the world)

If you'd feel more comfortable about distilled, you may be able to get it delivered in 5 gal. containers, but I haven't looked into it.
distilled water delivery san francisco (or replace SanFrancisco with your zip or other local identifier)

I'm aware that I will have to pay for it one way or another... thank you. I've also Googled plenty and there are less options than you might think ;)

The distiller for home water sounds like the way to go. Even we are getting tired of getting gallons of water from the store!!??

Another option that occurred to me right after being tapped out of ideas is just getting larger containers. 5 gal. glass are re-useable. 5 gal. plastic is... fewer containers to recycle. At 8.34 lbs. per gallon, I think anything larger than 5 gal. might be unwieldy (if such a thing is even available). ?‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom