Almost done my breeding setup!

your A/C probably won't work in winter. If it does not vent to outside it will produce more heat than it will dissapate.. if it does vent to the outside it may freeze the coils.. and don't under estimate the possibility of a power failure...

your A/C probably won't work in winter. If it does not vent to outside it will produce more heat than it will dissapate.. if it does vent to the outside it may freeze the coils.. and don't under estimate the possibility of a power failure...

Yeah I hear you about power failure. That's why I insulated it really well, just in case. If the power is out more then 3 or 4 hours, I'll be bringing them inside and have most of them free ranging lol.

Man, I'm sooooo jealous. Its an awesome set up and the amount of prep time is really great. I'm going to use your set up ideas/strategy when I'm ready to get Clyde a girlfriend!

One thing though...no one mentioned it, and I didn't see it in the pictures. What kind of UV lights are you using? Does each cage get one, or did you get one really long ballast?

if for some reason the power did go out wouldn't it be easier to purchase a generator than to bring them all inside? I don't know much about generators but it should have enough power for what you would need wouldn't it? My power went out the other day but my chams were fine for a few hour without light, I on the other hand went crazy. I cant tell you how many times I flicked the light switch out of habit. An easy way to make me feel stupid :D

if for some reason the power did go out wouldn't it be easier to purchase a generator than to bring them all inside? I don't know much about generators but it should have enough power for what you would need wouldn't it? My power went out the other day but my chams were fine for a few hour without light, I on the other hand went crazy. I cant tell you how many times I flicked the light switch out of habit. An easy way to make me feel stupid :D

I thought about that too. That's on my list of things to get :)

Man, I'm sooooo jealous. Its an awesome set up and the amount of prep time is really great. I'm going to use your set up ideas/strategy when I'm ready to get Clyde a girlfriend!

One thing though...no one mentioned it, and I didn't see it in the pictures. What kind of UV lights are you using? Does each cage get one, or did you get one really long ballast?

I'm using Repti Glo 10.0 and 2.0, 48" light strips with the Exo Terra Light Cycle units. 12 Bulbs and 6 Light cycle units in total.

I bought it from Home Building center. It came on a very large pallet and I had to assemble it all.
Does it have a brand name? Or contact details (preferably web site) for the manufacturer?
I've never seen anything quite like that sold in South Africa. The ones I've seen here have been made of wood or weatherproofed masonite. You said this shed was vinyl?

Does it have a brand name? Or contact details (preferably web site) for the manufacturer?
I've never seen anything quite like that sold in South Africa. The ones I've seen here have been made of wood or weatherproofed masonite. You said this shed was vinyl?

It's made by Royal Outdoor Products. I'm super happy with the quality of this shed. Here is the link to my exact shed. I can also add a 7 foot extension to it at a later time. :) (I don't have the window kit) http://www.royaloutdoor.com/prem-s010.html

Last edited:
cool they even have a skylight kit , now there's something I'm sure the chameleons would appreciate

as for for your setup, everything looks great, looks as if you're taking it quite seriously! you'll have to make the in and outs pretty quick on those cold dry icy winter days that we get up here, the ones that hit the -40C mark lol... a quick gust of wind from a temp that cold could probably make a cam crap it's pants even if it don't wear any haha, not to mention it must stress/ freak them out

I wish you much success in the futur with your business ^_^

Hey cham man and chameleontario, nice setup man that thing is wicked , just my opinion but i woulda build an outside deck that has walls and a door and have it sealed good so when you do go into the shed you can wait for a min or two then go into the shed that way your not giving wind a chance to sqeeeze by you and get your chams, iv had problems with drafts like that , i have my chams in the basement and my female veild got a URI(upper respitory infection) so i thought it might have been cold romain i gave her , but it wasnt so i kept her there for awile and she go it again and iv completely moved her away from my door and shes been more active then ever befor so my guess is that she was geting a draft and cooling off to quickly so just a thought i dont wana see you take 10 chams to the vet cause they got a URI , and again man great setup , im going to be having my own here in the next lilbit , iv just been puting it off for the last 6 months now you got me rearing to go and get it all done befor christmas this yr , but good luck with your panthers i cant wait to get my own pairs of breeders and if you dont mind me asking pm about the pricing on those cages i would like to know how much you paid for them all and take care chameleontario

Back
Top Bottom