All Me

This was great! Unfortunately I have a different problem and I blame MOM (jokingly). When I was 10 I asked for a pet, she said sure but it can't be a furred animal (hah--- she was only thinking of dogs and cats or just did not know better). 1st pet was a scorpion then a caiman came soon after that. Soon I was reading about incubators and hatching chickens and ducks along with purchasing multiple fish tanks.
Before leaving High School I had African Clawed frogs, Pipa Parva (aquatic frogs) Oscar fish, Salamanders (Tiger), Garter snakes, Scorpions, Ferret (yes a furred animal), dwarf seahorses (out of Outdoor Life mag.) That was just shy of 40 years ago and I still have sale coupons for the seahorses..
The last 30 years have allowed me to enjoy the following but not all at one time.. Large Seahorses, Dwarf Seahorses, multiple chameleons species (Fuelleborni, Sailfin, dwarf, veiled, Jackson, Senegal, di something had lots of spots) Ferrets, hedgehogs, tree frogs, toads, tarantulas, spiders, Boa Constrictors, Sand boas, turtles and tortoise (only 1) and Shhhhhhhhhhhhh Stick and leaf insects.
And as an adult had Rat terrier and Pugs... In your face mom.. Just kidding love the mom

SO!!!! I might have saved money being a drunk just kidding. Does nobody good taking substances that can kill you and others.

I got the bug BAD but working on letting some of my interests go.
Currently have turtles, tortoise, whites tree frogs (8) purchased as tadpoles, Yellow Spotted Climbing Toads, Regal Jumping Spiders (now with 60 plus babies in its nest). I currently have Adult veiled, 15 babies from a 66 baby hatch (sold/gave away most), Jacksons, Turtles, Tortoise and lots of feeding insects. Opps! I forgot Rosy the Rose hair Tarantula going on about 10 years old (she was an adult when I purchased her and I have had her for 7 years. AND I am into carnivorous plants too...

Sorry only have a few pics of the last few years to share. I will find my thumb drive with more at a later date..
Memory land---- I do have a problem... Shhhhhhhhhhh--- Just purchased 2 male Panthers babies and will get them next week or when weather permits... DANG! Internet shopping SUCKS... ha ha

Time to take a nap before the next feedings..
Oh snap! I love this. Seahorses are the COOLEST animals! I am glad others relate to my money sucking habits!

Oh no! Found that thumb drive (do they still call them that?) I found a power point with the majority of the pics and will have to transfer tomorrow.. Hope you enjoy the new find (later). ha ha ONE sneak preview
Found this Cardinal Jumping spider in Calimesa Ca. Gave to a young person getting into the spider thing.
Bobo the savannah monitor- One of my favorite pets. Took him out every day for 3 years on walks and poop missions.. ha ha

Attachments

• IMG_20201011_150757~2.jpg
    IMG_20201011_150757~2.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 64
  • bobo pic 3.jpg
    bobo pic 3.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Bobo pic 2.jpg
    Bobo pic 2.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 69
Oh no! Found that thumb drive (do they still call them that?) I found a power point with the majority of the pics and will have to transfer tomorrow.. Hope you enjoy the new find (later). ha ha ONE sneak preview
Found this Cardinal Jumping spider in Calimesa Ca. Gave to a young person getting into the spider thing.
Bobo the savannah monitor- One of my favorite pets. Took him out every day for 3 years on walks and poop missions.. ha ha
Bobo looks like he is smiling in that third pic. How cute!

Oh snap! I love this. Seahorses are the COOLEST animals! I am glad others relate to my money sucking habits!
yeah-- I have to rationalize this way-----memories can go to heaven, the money can not. "that's my story and I am sticking to it".
I like to gamble too... Might be cheaper to pass out after drinking.

Attachments

• IMG_20200201_180303_01.jpg
    IMG_20200201_180303_01.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 59
lol How about his partner jumping into the water for anacondas or alligator snapping turtles. The Steve Erwin before colored films.
Hey, you're not Marlin! :mad: He'd remember the name, Jim Fowler, and that Mutual of Omaha’s
Wild Kingdom also pioneered the use of color film and synch-sound, to bring wild animals from lush jungles, scorching deserts, and icy arctic expanses into television homes across America.
https://unlcms.unl.edu/journalism2/wild-kingdom-50th-anniversary-feature-story

I knew it was Jim (on the right) but did not want to let the geek show to much. Caught me! "Here Jim attempts to" lol remember like it was yesterday.

Attachments

• Jimmy.jpg
    Jimmy.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 62
LOL To old for the name game, I am who I am and proud of it.. Some are hyper-sensitive and that is them.. No worries here.
Really! nice clip I tend to joke a lot..
A geek was a negative description a few years back but now is "expert" in their filed of interest. Positive! all around

That is funny but I am sure it was hurtful at the time. Now look! Chameleon expert! Glad you made it. :)
Lucky for me I was not a bully but learned quick that having knowledge is so important. I was called a WOP (neg for Italians).
Learned what it meant " with out papers" I told those guys the next day what it meant and said, I have papers so that isn't me. Never teased again. Lucky me

Well, that is all perspective in the matter. I know you can give advise. I know you can care for a chameleon, I know your a Chameleon Enthusiast (label) and I would assume you can research issues or problems. That makes you an Expert to those that have less knowledge. While reading some of the posts on The Forum (kinda new here) many need it or at least a helping hand. Welcome to the real world. Cha Ching! Quick story-- Few years back (13 to be more accurate) I started to go to college and while in the beginners anatomy we had a lab with animals to work with. The zoology dept. had live critters in the back. I was in heaven just being able to see them. Well the Professor (expert) was teaching the class and after I would talk about the critters in the back.
Well, my passion was husbandry, cleaning, set-ups, working on sick ones etc..... and hers was not. Quickly She referred to me as the Expert. I'm like "no expert here". After leaving school, I would get calls on issues they were having. These were the zoologist, professors, and other students. ME: I just like animals. nothing more and nothing less. Not and expert in my opinion. Sorry for taking up so much of your time.
Keep up the good work!

Now if kids see me at Wal-mart, church, and sometimes in public they introduce me to their parents as MR. The animal expert. I get a kick and confirm " I just like animal and sharing". Simple!

What species of turtles do you have?
I have the common red eared slider and California Desert Tortoise I adopted (legally with license and all).
I have given over 100 baby red ears away since Mama turtle started laying. We even had them hatching when my wife was teaching 2nd grade, so I brought them in for the kids to witness the births.. It was awesome! The kids were cheering the hatchlings on.

Look what I uncovered in the patio area... I thought I was done with babies... My son gave me his turtle "LUCKY" last year when he was moving. I did not pay attention to his behavior (now regret). I did keep an eye on his front nails but they did not seem to be long like other males and placed in pond with mama turtle. I removed all males a few years ago. DARN!! But will enjoy them also. It is in the blood.

Attachments

• PXL_20210220_181617640.jpg
    PXL_20210220_181617640.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 99
Look what I uncovered in the patio area... I thought I was done with babies... My son gave me his turtle "LUCKY" last year when he was moving. I did not pay attention to his behavior (now regret). I did keep an eye on his front nails but they did not seem to be long like other males and placed in pond with mama turtle. I removed all males a few years ago. DARN!! But will enjoy them also. It is in the blood.
This is so funny. But they are so adorable!! 🤗🤗🤗

Fear What GIF by Physics Girl

They're so cute!!

No helping the kids again. If they have a pet, it is theirs to keep. :D(y)
Heck! He is an exotic animal trainer by education- living only what I can dream about. He shoes me all the animals he deals with daily and I am like "that should be me". Rhinos, dolphins, etc.....

OMG they are the size of a freaking quarter. How freaking adorable are they... Like cuteness overload. Possibly my favorite thing in this world are baby animals. eeekkkkk

Back
Top Bottom