All Me

This was great! Unfortunately I have a different problem and I blame MOM (jokingly). When I was 10 I asked for a pet, she said sure but it can't be a furred animal (hah--- she was only thinking of dogs and cats or just did not know better). 1st pet was a scorpion then a caiman came soon after that. Soon I was reading about incubators and hatching chickens and ducks along with purchasing multiple fish tanks.
Before leaving High School I had African Clawed frogs, Pipa Parva (aquatic frogs) Oscar fish, Salamanders (Tiger), Garter snakes, Scorpions, Ferret (yes a furred animal), dwarf seahorses (out of Outdoor Life mag.) That was just shy of 40 years ago and I still have sale coupons for the seahorses..
The last 30 years have allowed me to enjoy the following but not all at one time.. Large Seahorses, Dwarf Seahorses, multiple chameleons species (Fuelleborni, Sailfin, dwarf, veiled, Jackson, Senegal, di something had lots of spots) Ferrets, hedgehogs, tree frogs, toads, tarantulas, spiders, Boa Constrictors, Sand boas, turtles and tortoise (only 1) and Shhhhhhhhhhhhh Stick and leaf insects.
And as an adult had Rat terrier and Pugs... In your face mom.. Just kidding love the mom

SO!!!! I might have saved money being a drunk just kidding. Does nobody good taking substances that can kill you and others.

I got the bug BAD but working on letting some of my interests go.
Currently have turtles, tortoise, whites tree frogs (8) purchased as tadpoles, Yellow Spotted Climbing Toads, Regal Jumping Spiders (now with 60 plus babies in its nest). I currently have Adult veiled, 15 babies from a 66 baby hatch (sold/gave away most), Jacksons, Turtles, Tortoise and lots of feeding insects. Opps! I forgot Rosy the Rose hair Tarantula going on about 10 years old (she was an adult when I purchased her and I have had her for 7 years. AND I am into carnivorous plants too...

Attachments

• 1480277378209.jpg
    1480277378209.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1642.JPG
    IMG_1642.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 1489689073443.jpg
    1489689073443.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 0118181629.jpg
    0118181629.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 0220181419a.jpg
    0220181419a.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 77
  • 1519147814199.jpg
    1519147814199.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 0820180644a (1).jpg
    0820180644a (1).jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 0820181147a (1).jpg
    0820181147a (1).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 0930172048.jpg
    0930172048.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20191121_121322.jpg
    IMG_20191121_121322.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 75
This was great! Unfortunately I have a different problem and I blame MOM (jokingly). When I was 10 I asked for a pet, she said sure but it can't be a furred animal (hah--- she was only thinking of dogs and cats or just did not know better). 1st pet was a scorpion then a caiman came soon after that. Soon I was reading about incubators and hatching chickens and ducks along with purchasing multiple fish tanks.
Before leaving High School I had African Clawed frogs, Pipa Parva (aquatic frogs) Oscar fish, Salamanders (Tiger), Garter snakes, Scorpions, Ferret (yes a furred animal), dwarf seahorses (out of Outdoor Life mag.) That was just shy of 40 years ago and I still have sale coupons for the seahorses..
The last 30 years have allowed me to enjoy the following but not all at one time.. Large Seahorses, Dwarf Seahorses, multiple chameleons species (Fuelleborni, Sailfin, dwarf, veiled, Jackson, Senegal, di something had lots of spots) Ferrets, hedgehogs, tree frogs, toads, tarantulas, spiders, Boa Constrictors, Sand boas, turtles and tortoise (only 1) and Shhhhhhhhhhhhh Stick and leaf insects.
And as an adult had Rat terrier and Pugs... In your face mom.. Just kidding love the mom

SO!!!! I might have saved money being a drunk just kidding. Does nobody good taking substances that can kill you and others.

Currently have turtles, tortoise, whites tree frogs (8) purchased as tadpoles, Yellow Spotted Climbing Toads, Regal Jumping Spiders (now with 60 plus babies in its nest). I currently have Adult veiled, 15 babies from a 66 baby hatch (sold/gave away most), Jacksons, Turtles, Tortoise and lots of feeding insects. Opps! I forgot Rosy the Rose hair Tarantula going on about 10 years old (she was an adult when I purchased her and I have had her for 7 years. AND I am into carnivorous plants too...

I love it !!! 😀 I'm the same way. I have always loved animals and my parents said if I wanted them I would have to move out and get them. I always told myself im going to have a dog when I grow up. Well. Fast forward a bunch of years later I married someone who has severe pet allergies and my kids unfortunately have the gene too. So I STILL only have reptiles and fish. 🤣🤣🤣

Unless they learn how to flush, it’s a no go! 🤣 If the toilet seat is up, both dogs and both cats will try to drink out of the toilet, so it’s always down! The issue is not having enough space for them to run around in, not running out of potty area. We usually take them to huge a dog park once or twice a week where we let them run around, swim, meet friends, train them on the agility course, and do a few laps on the mile-and-a-half trail, but since COVID-19, we haven't been able to do so with the risk of us or the dogs getting it.

I LOVE it! I almost got into seahorses a year ago but decided against it. Do you have any pics of yours?!

Sorry only have a few pics of the last few years to share. I will find my thumb drive with more at a later date..
Memory land---- I do have a problem... Shhhhhhhhhhh--- Just purchased 2 male Panthers babies and will get them next week or when weather permits... DANG! Internet shopping SUCKS... ha ha

Time to take a nap before the next feedings..

Attachments

• 0505132059a (1).jpg
    0505132059a (1).jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 1490967447913.jpg
    1490967447913.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20200414_174101.jpg
    IMG_20200414_174101.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 0907181434_HDR (4).jpg
    0907181434_HDR (4).jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 86
  • PXL_20210205_193559855.jpg
    PXL_20210205_193559855.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20210108_211202037.jpg
    PXL_20210108_211202037.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 74
  • PXL_20201220_014221222.jpg
    PXL_20201220_014221222.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 68
  • PXL_20210204_151204973.jpg
    PXL_20210204_151204973.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 73
Sorry only have a few pics of the last few years to share. I will find my thumb drive with more at a later date..
Memory land---- I do have a problem... Shhhhhhhhhhh--- Just purchased 2 male Panthers babies and will get them next week or when weather permits... DANG! Internet shopping SUCKS... ha ha

Omg!! Are those baby seahorses???

Those seahorses are AMAZING! I LOVE the babies! 🥰🥰🥰🥰 All of your other pets are gorgeous, too!

Loved the seahorses and maybe when in full retirement will have them again. Seahorse.org is like this site but less people are into the hobby than a few years ago.. Raising babies is much harder than chameleons.. Constant feeding and cleaning since they only have a digestive track and no stomach. Snick snick snick Opps! forgot the cuttlefish and octopus phase..

Attachments

• 1508734042837.jpg
    1508734042837.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 1508734043466.jpg
    1508734043466.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 9 18 2018 002.jpg
    9 18 2018 002.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 9 18 2018 012.jpg
    9 18 2018 012.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 9 18 2018 032.jpg
    9 18 2018 032.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 75
  • 1114180836b (1).jpg
    1114180836b (1).jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 81
Loved the seahorses and maybe when in full retirement will have them again. Seahorse.org is like this site but less people are into the hobby than a few years ago.. Raising babies is much harder than chameleons.. Constant feeding and cleaning since they only have a digestive track and no stomach. Snick snick snick Opps! forgot the cuttlefish and octopus phase..
Omg!! I absolutely love!!😍😍😍😍🥰🥰🥰 I might have to get into seahorses now 🤔🤣

Yeah, that’s why I decided against them. Conflicting info, so many variables, and getting a healthy one. I’ll definitely check out that site! I’m so jealous of your collection, great work!

Yeah- most of the critters were wild caught in the day but with CB Chameleons, and Seahorses (species only tank recommended) makes things easier to start.. I am still surprised at off the sick and dyeing chameleons here. Especially with all the advice given and expertise in personalities. Husbandry, meds, vitamins, lighting and more.. WOW!
True Story! Back in the early 90's I lived in Memphis and was Calling San Diego to the starters of Chameleon Information Network to get advice. Now reflecting all these years, I remember bothering them while eating dinner but (can't remember names) they never gaffed me off or treated me like a spoiled person, very helpful. Parson Chameleons were about 50 bucks... YES 50!
As others know... I talked to the owner of Kailua Pets in Hawaii (1987)--- YES, the guy that imported the first Jackson Chameleons to Hawaii for the pet trade, and lost half while doing some cleaning. Now look what he did.. ha ha
Thanks for letting me share---- I know it can be a little (a lot) one sided but would help anyone wanting to investigate other things..

one more thing--- people will lie to your face with a smile.. Don't trust others unless they show you.. I picked up 10 tadpoles only to find out they use hormones to induce breeding. SO all my tads came out of the water with no front legs (huge learning lesson). I thought it was me until I did some research on deformities within the CB community.. Non lived over 3 weeks out of the water. DARN!

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_100156.jpg
    IMG_20200404_100156.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 67
Tell that to the Aquarium of the Pacific in CA.... When I found out their seahorses were labeled wrong. Ha ha I was polite and tactful with lots of facts on my SECOND visit (they are labeled correctly and have multiple species).. They actually took me in the back to their breeding program. Unfortunately the zoos and schools have this "nontrading or selling to the public" thing going on..
FOR any beginner----Just ask as I did. They will open the door for education and experience and might change your focus on life. Worst case they say we can't because of this Redhorse guy. ha ha Red- like the color- horse for seahorses (my bucket list color). They can change colors and sexes when necessary. Female to male only, not male to female.. FYI :)

Tell that to the Aquarium of the Pacific in CA.... When I found out their seahorses were labeled wrong. Ha ha I was polite and tactful with lots of facts on my SECOND visit (they are labeled correctly and have multiple species).. They actually took me in the back to their breeding program. Unfortunately the zoos and schools have this "nontrading or selling to the public" thing going on..
FOR any beginner----Just ask as I did. They will open the door for education and experience and might change your focus on life. Worst case they say we can't because of this Redhorse guy. ha ha Red- like the color- horse for seahorses (my bucket list color). They can change colors and sexes when necessary. Female to male only, not male to female.. FYI :)
I read about that last part and found it amazing! Thanks for the advice! If ever get into seahorses, I’ll definitely reach out those places and to you!

Back
Top Bottom