All Me

The problem is- My intentions was to slow down and care for less critters. This new discovery means another minimum of 2 years with baby turtles. If I get rid of my sons turtle. I am torn between responsibility and attachment do to son. I have checked into getting one fixed but the vets don't recommend doing it. So, I just look for good homes and give them away.
Current critters:
4 Yellow spotted climbing toads.
8 Adult whites tree frogs
1 female jumping spider and bunch of babies (still in nest)
2 Black widow spiders with 2 eggs cases (soon to eliminate all once the babies hatch)
3 adult turtles -1 juvie turtle- and now 7 babies
Pair of Jackson Chameleons (mama and 1.4 year old baby Rhino)
8 baby male Veileds 2 baby female Veileds (out of 66- the rest were rehomed) - 50 two month old eggs and one 4 going on 5 year old male.
It seems a lot when in list form but I have had double this a few years ago with the other critter above which included the 5 fish tanks both fresh and salt. Never did the reef stuff, that might be when I retire from critters.
I appreciate having a place to vent my interest in life.
Thank you all for being here.

This may be goofy but here it goes.
So today I have been sitting with the chameleons in the back patio area (not pictured).
But once I sat down the native lizards started to visit (I hand feed some).
I was admiring their territorial displays toward each other from same species. Others were just hanging around it was so cool.
Then as I was cropping some pics to get a better look, I noticed others watching, so JUST learned how to make markings on the pics (I know little outdated here).
Here are my very 1st marked pictures.
1. Female anole chilling in the background.
2. Alpha (fence lizard) male over younger male.
3. Alpha male (fence lizard) with a different anole looking around the trunk.

Attachments

• PXL_20210302_223542969~2.jpg
    PXL_20210302_223542969~2.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 46
  • PXL_20210302_223746908~2.jpg
    PXL_20210302_223746908~2.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 46
  • PXL_20210302_224706091~2.jpg
    PXL_20210302_224706091~2.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 46
AmandaS- you have some awesome lizards out your way. I use to catch and release Chuckwallas back in 84.. I was stationed out there for USMC radio school. Now we just visit Tortoise Rock.. ha ha
Having memory flashback- Chuckwallas, horney toads, desert tortoises to name a few... WONDERFUL!

We do have some neat little guys running around!! Perhaps I'll catch some pics for you all! I have desert iguanas that like to come up on my patio during the hottest part of the summer. And some blue tailed skinks which are just gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom