Algae treatment for ultra sonic misters?

nightanole

Chameleon Enthusiast
So my googlefu is letting me down.

I have found lots of treatments for wick style humidifiers, but nothing to get rid of the common "pink" algae in ultra sonic misters. Right now im just cleaning her out every 2 weeks with a bristle brush and non ph neutral cleaner.

Can't you run some bleach or vinegar through the humidifier (not near your chameleon...in your tub or shower maybe so it will clean out the bacteria (it's not supposed to be a real algae)?
Then run more water through it to clean out the bleach or vinegar? Don't use bleach and vinegar together!
Don't soak the demineralization cartridge in bleach though.

Last edited:
Can't you run some bleach or vinegar through the humidifier (not near your chameleon...in your tub or shower maybe so it will clean out the bacteria (it's not supposed to be a real algae)?
Then run more water through it to clean out the bleach or vinegar? Don't use bleach and vinegar together!

That my current method, other than the fact i dont run the unit, i just let it soak for a half hour. But the build up only comes off with scrubbing. I was hoping there was an anti algae additive that was ultra sonic safe (can be breathed).

@nightanole how much snow do you have outside now?
weather.jpg

Another 5 months and paint/glue will dry outside :)

@Decadancin ...you've never seen snow where you live??? What a shame!
According to Wikipedia..." Snow comprises individual ice crystals that grow while suspended in the atmosphere—usually within clouds—and then fall, accumulating on the ground where they undergo further changes". It can be beautiful and horrible at the same time. It can be white...light and fluffy...heavy and wet...dirty looking. You should at least once in your life experience a really deep snowfall and have to shovel your way out of it! You'll never appreciate Florida more if you do! :)

@Decadancin ...you've never seen snow where you live??? What a shame!
According to Wikipedia..." Snow comprises individual ice crystals that grow while suspended in the atmosphere—usually within clouds—and then fall, accumulating on the ground where they undergo further changes". It can be beautiful and horrible at the same time. It can be white...light and fluffy...heavy and wet...dirty looking. You should at least once in your life experience a really deep snowfall and have to shovel your way out of it! You'll never appreciate Florida more if you do! :)

I am just playin', I grew up on Long Island and actually love the snow. It was the ice storms I hated!!!

Back
Top Bottom