AHHHHG! (Cricket Mush)

ajacobson

So, I was already having a FABULOUS (note the intense sarcasm) day, then I get home. My cricket shipment is left by the door, totally SMASHED. I didn't hear any movement in the box, and figured they were all dead. Only about 100 of the 1,000 lived (if that). I had to submit a claim with FedEx and we shall see if I get that money back. ugh.

But really? You can't read that it says "LIVE CRICKETS" "PERISHABLE" "HANDLE WITH CARE"???

photo-1.jpg

What a bummer! I live in Fla and got a shipment of silks today. I put a note on the door and asked them to bring the box around back and put in the shade! It was super hot today and I am glad they followed my instructions or they woulda been fried sitting in the sun all day until I got home!

What a bummer! I live in Fla and got a shipment of silks today. I put a note on the door and asked them to bring the box around back and put in the shade! It was super hot today and I am glad they followed my instructions or they woulda been fried sitting in the sun all day until I got home!

Our delivery systems suck out here. They never ring the doorbell and always leave packages just sitting outside with out signature.

So, I was already having a FABULOUS (note the intense sarcasm) day, then I get home. My cricket shipment is left by the door, totally SMASHED. I didn't hear any movement in the box, and figured they were all dead. Only about 100 of the 1,000 lived (if that). I had to submit a claim with FedEx and we shall see if I get that money back. ugh.

But really? You can't read that it says "LIVE CRICKETS" "PERISHABLE" "HANDLE WITH CARE"???

Who did you get your crickets from? Most people will replace the crickets. Ghann has did that for me several times, crickets are free but you still have to pay shipping. And the shipper was who caused the problem!!!

I live in the boonies and FedEx leaves them on the front stoop without ringing the door bell also. I've found my crickets outside in the middle of a snow storm and had noooo idea that they were delivered. It's a real PITA sometimes :mad:. Hopefully the distributor will send you free replacement crickets or FedEx will cough up a reimbursement soon.

Who did you get your crickets from? Most people will replace the crickets. Ghann has did that for me several times, crickets are free but you still have to pay shipping. And the shipper was who caused the problem!!!

I got them through LLLreptile, but the box being smashed is FedEx's fault so I submitted the claim through them. I documented EVERYTHING with photos, even all the smashed cricket guts on the inside. Hopefully the claim gets settled quickly. If Fedex doesn't help maybe I'll contact LLL, but I feel like that's not really fair to them.

I'd still give LLL a call. They're customer service is excellent and they could probably help you out. Also, it might be good to inform them that the carrier that they are using isn't competent. Even though it's not LLL's fault..many customers are not as understanding as you and LLL could be loosing money and customers because the same thing is happening to others. Just a thought :rolleyes:

Also... Yes, give LLL a ring and let them know what happened.

One of the crix people we use ships FedEx, they SUCK! Crix come late, boxes all bent up ECT. The good thing though is that they have a truck full of crix for being lame. HAHA

One of the crix people we use ships FedEx, they SUCK! Crix come late, boxes all bent up ECT. The good thing though is that they have a truck full of crix for being lame. HAHA

THAT explains why it doesn't look like there were 1,000 in that box! lol Too bad they aren't big enough crix to chirp all day.

Hahah...I hope those crickets chirp them to death...LOL! :p:)

Back
Top Bottom