Cricket theft and some instant Karma

BryanP

Avid Member
So as we all know porch pirates are a thing and I always worry about it when I get Amazon or other packages delivered.

Well I was waiting for my cricket shipment of 1000 medium crickets and it showed delivered while I was out.... No big deal, Its clearly labeled live insects so I dont worry about their theft...

So I get home and they are gone... I check my Cameras and 2 kids, maybe 12 or 15 had taken the package. I contact the company and they send out another package without delay.

THE NEXT DAY I get a note on my door from one of their moms.... that she was sorry her kids stole the package but it was really a good lesson for them since there is now 1000 crickets in her childs room...

I had to laugh, and honestly, Im not even that mad, because I freak out when I get like 1 or 2 escape during the unpackaging process... but 1000!!!!

......I would just burn the house down at that point....

So as we all know porch pirates are a thing and I always worry about it when I get Amazon or other packages delivered.

Well I was waiting for my cricket shipment of 1000 medium crickets and it showed delivered while I was out.... No big deal, Its clearly labeled live insects so I dont worry about their theft...

So I get home and they are gone... I check my Cameras and 2 kids, maybe 12 or 15 had taken the package. I contact the company and they send out another package without delay.

THE NEXT DAY I get a note on my door from one of their moms.... that she was sorry her kids stole the package but it was really a good lesson for them since there is now 1000 crickets in her childs room...

I had to laugh, and honestly, Im not even that mad, because I freak out when I get like 1 or 2 escape during the unpackaging process... but 1000!!!!

......I would just burn the house down at that point....
That’s amazing!

This is one reason we have most packages delivered to the post office or other delivery hub (both drug stores near us accept some). They're held in a locker or behind a counter, and ID may be required to pick them up.

This is not always an option; some companies/shippers won't do this.

Last edited:
So after a few of you said that I should ask for them to pay for the crickets I texted the mom and asked how things were going with the crickets.

She said that they are finding crickets EVERYWHERE in their house... In the kids beds, in their Laundry, she asked if I knew any way to trap them....

Suffice it to say... paying me back for the crickets is the least of their trouble at the moment... and Honestly, I dont need their parents money to pay for $25 worth of crickets that the company sent back out.

I like to think that they are getting many visits all night with crickets crawling on them all night... Plus I know how my wife gets when she sees just ONE Cricket in the hallway....... I could not imagine 1000 around the house. haha

So after a few of you said that I should ask for them to pay for the crickets I texted the mom and asked how things were going with the crickets.

She said that they are finding crickets EVERYWHERE in their house... In the kids beds, in their Laundry, she asked if I knew any way to trap them....

Suffice it to say... paying me back for the crickets is the least of their trouble at the moment... and Honestly, I dont need their parents money to pay for $25 worth of crickets that the company sent back out.

I like to think that they are getting many visits all night with crickets crawling on them all night... Plus I know how my wife gets when she sees just ONE Cricket in the hallway....... I could not imagine 1000 around the house. haha
The most amount of bugs I’ve had at one time of one species is 500 bsfl I can’t imagine 1000 crickets

Think for that amount might need professional help they could establish themselves if they get a food source,, when the reach adult phase & start chirping stuff of nightmares 😂😂

Think for that amount might need professional help they could establish themselves if they get a food source,, when the reach adult phase & start chirping stuff of nightmares 😂😂
Don’t wanna think about it, that’s a living hell. Got no troubles with feeders take them all in my hands and feed them to the chams. However, I just hate crickets, hate those disgusting, nasty little creepers!! Damn 1000 of them loose in my house
Freak Out Reaction GIF

Lol you should tell her she needs to feed the crickets or they'll bite her kids while they sleep. 😈

Back
Top Bottom