Age?

Blevine1292

okay, so i just got a baby high orange veiled. He's supposedly 2 and a half months...but he is just way to small to be that. how old do you think he is? He is just over 3 inches, hes the little guy in my avatar but ill attach a picture for you guys, thanks for the help :)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 115
okay, so i just got a baby high orange veiled. He's supposedly 2 and a half months...but he is just way to small to be that. how old do you think he is? He is just over 3 inches, hes the little guy in my avatar but ill attach a picture for you guys, thanks for the help :)

Yea, he def does not look 2 and half months old. When I got my male veield he was 2 weeks old, and my guy was slightly bigger than yours. I think he may be freshly hatched. like within a week or so.

he looks to be about 2 months. I have some that are a month and a half and are a little smaller. they dont have a casque growing yet.

here's another pic..its just so hard to believe that he is actually that old.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 150
I still think he's over a month.. His casque has already begun to grow. All my babies are over a month and none have begun to show signs of having that casque growing. Then again some grow at different rates. When I got my female veiled from FL Chams, she was the size of yours and it said she was 3 months.

Camimom- a neonate does NOT have a casque and is WAY smaller, FYI.
This is how all my 40+ babies looked at 2 weeks:
DSC_0002.jpg

Last edited:
He is potentially 2 months old. VeiledChams made a good point, it already has a casque starting to show. It depends on the amount of good UV, types of feeders, quantities of feeders, frequency of feedings, etc. There are alot of variables, but I would say it is probably about 2 months. These two below are ages 2.5 months and 2-3 days.

DSCN0403.jpg

if he is 2+ months and is that small, should i be worried? ive never dealt with veileds this is my first guy. he is a male cause he has spurs. thats the only thing im sure about :p

My 2 week old veiled had the same casque size as the little one in the pic. He was also roughly the same size, just a bit bigger. the baby's body is very small.
ALso, the pic of the two sittin on the stick, the bigger one, looks 2.5 months old. the casque and the body are fuller. that doest not appear to be the case in the OP's pic. the body is thinner, scrawnier looking and he jsut barely has a casque growing.
As I said, I had a 2 week old, and the OPs guy looks smaller than my boy did.

Who told you yours was 2 weeks? Maybe you've been living a lie:rolleyes:

btw Justin, congrats on the purple veileds!

The person who I bought him from. They had the records showing when they hatched. They bred them themselves. If he was 2 months old when I got him, then that would make him close to 9 months old now, and there is no way hes that old now. Ive posted several pics of him when he was about 5.5 months old on here,and everyone agreed on his age. so....... yea...

:rolleyes:

The person who I bought him from. They had the records showing when they hatched. They bred them themselves. If he was 2 months old when I got him, then that would make him close to 9 months old now, and there is no way hes that old now. Ive posted several pics of him when he was about 5.5 months old on here,and everyone agreed on his age. so....... yea...

:rolleyes:

So that would make my babies less than 2 weeks old (which are obviously not since you can see here when they were born https://www.chameleonforums.com/they-finally-started-hatching-60626/), my female veiled should be 2.5 months younger, and Mike from FL Chams wrong on aging her.. hm..

Chameleons do grow at different rates so it is hard to accurately age a chameleon, but I believe that a baby that is 2 weeks old will not have a casque as clearly defined and so well pronounced as the one from the OP.

guys guys guys... Your both completely wrong... That cham is CLEARLY 27 years old... sheesh.... sometimes I swear:p

Thank you sean, I don't know what you guys were thinking :p but anyways, I just brought him to my local breeder of all things scaly, he said a month old, tops. Thanks for all the help guys :)

He is potentially 2 months old. VeiledChams made a good point, it already has a casque starting to show. It depends on the amount of good UV, types of feeders, quantities of feeders, frequency of feedings, etc. There are alot of variables, but I would say it is probably about 2 months. These two below are ages 2.5 months and 2-3 days.

DSCN0403.jpg

how did you get them to sit still for the picture? mine is on crack any time he has to be handled?

Back
Top Bottom