Age to free range??

Aussie

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering how old my cham should be before I free range him. My cham is 5 months old and i noticed that he would always crawl on the side of his cage closest to the window and some other plants like he was trying to get out. I now have some branches leading out of his cage to over by the window and a couple plants. I try to put him back in his cage so he can drink and eat but after about 20 minutes he always cruises right back out to the plants/window. He knows how to eat out of his cup in his cage so I think he's probably fine but if anyone has any input on the age that they should be free ranged just let me know please :D

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering how old my cham should be before I free range him. My cham is 5 months old and i noticed that he would always crawl on the side of his cage closest to the window and some other plants like he was trying to get out. I now have some branches leading out of his cage to over by the window and a couple plants. I try to put him back in his cage so he can drink and eat but after about 20 minutes he always cruises right back out to the plants/window. He knows how to eat out of his cup in his cage so I think he's probably fine but if anyone has any input on the age that they should be free ranged just let me know please :D

I dont believe there is an age suggestion. If he's cup eating and u have lights on the free range the difference between caged and free are minimal. As long as he dosent have easy access to leave the freerange I recommend a tray under the free and soak his plant and see How he likes it. And good luck!

Alright thanks! I need to get more lights for the free range, that's part of the reason I put him back in his cage occasionally. I'm definitely going to get more lights for him because he seems to love roaming around so much haha :D

Alright thanks! I need to get more lights for the free range, that's part of the reason I put him back in his cage occasionally. I'm definitely going to get more lights for him because he seems to love roaming around so much haha :D

I've heard if he has close access to his cage no new lights required but in my opinion get another set or move urs to where he is. I've got a set on each and put both sets on if he has access back and forth.

Back
Top Bottom