African Dwarf Frogs

Lathis

Chameleon Enthusiast
We just got two ADF! Total impulse purchase, I am embarrassed to admit, but we love them so much. They are so cheerful and cute. I'm having trouble finding reliable info on this particular frog's care, just general internet stuff. I joined Frog Forums, but they don't have nearly the community that we have here.

Anyone ever kept these guys? Can you give me some tips on feeding in particular? I want to know what I can feed besides frozen stuff.

I think these guys are chytrid fungus carriers (doesn't hurt them, but can infect native amphibians and is a major reason why so many amphibian species around the world are disappearing), so don't dump any of their water or waste anywhere but into a municipally-treated water system.

I had two and kept them in my aquarium with some guppies. Really neat and active. I never found that much info on them either. I fed them dried blood worms

I have had these frogs in some of my aquariums. They are very easy to take care of. Feed them either dwarf frog pellets or blood worms. Give them some places to hide and keep the water temp in the high 70's. This is about all you really need to do and they should be fine in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom