Advice on New cham

View attachment 200118 View attachment 200119 This is my finished Chameleon condo. The plant isn’t long enough to hang the vines. But it will get there soon enough! I have the vines running through in corners for hideaways, as well to hold her bowl. The basking spot is 8” down from the top. I have gotten most of everything so far! The 5.0 uvb bulb and bulb hood will be added tomorrow (local pet store just got reptiles and have a shipment coming in tomorrow.) pretty good for right now. Anybody got any other ideas on what I should add!?
Looking really good . I agree every thing needs to be up higher :love: . Chameleons feels best above your head or on your head , They love to be up high . In their natural environment they Live higher in trees they are also pray !. Hands above them scares them . When you work in your babies condo you want to be able to work from below . The other thing I want to say is veiled chameleons are Notorious for eating plants . You want to be super careful with fake plants .

Last edited:
Looking really good . I agree every thing needs to be up higher :love: . Chameleons feels best above your head or on your head , They love to be up high . In their natural environment they Live higher in trees they are also pray !. Hands above them scares them . When you work in your babies condo you want to be able to work from below . I’m he other thing I want to say is veiled chameleons are Notorious for eating plants . Your want to be super careful with fake plants .
Once I hang the plant there won’t be room for the fake one. I’ll just put it away and let the pothos grow out. Once he starts to get bigger and I move him into a different condo I’ll get a live ficus so he can enjoy !

yes your baby will give his plants a very special design lol ;).
So I split a third of the pothos and put it in a 3.2 cup plastic container. Hopefully the roots will start to wrap around the dirt and grow out. I now have to untie all the vine and space it around the screen cage again. Should look good soon tho!

So I split a third of the pothos and put it in a 3.2 cup plastic container. Hopefully the roots will start to wrap around the dirt and grow out. I now have to untie all the vine and space it around the screen cage again. Should look good soon tho!
You have time to perfect it :D. If you take the section of potho put it in some water it will Rt . Then you can add to your soil . Potho’s are super easy to Rt .

You have time to perfect it :D. If you take the section of potho put it in some water it will Rt . Then you can add to your soil . Potho’s are super easy to Rt .
I’ll keep that in mind if the one I split doesn’t grow:). Hopefully it does, it’s in a good spot it covered the top of the cage and Today I’ll be getting the lights and a Large exo Terra vine so make more pathways for
Him!

This is what I’ve got set up at the moment. I’ve got my 5.0 uvb light now, I cut the pothos into a third and set it in a container and hung it (hopefully it grows awesome). I got the vines going behind and around to make sort of a trail up there. I have the feeder behind the plant which I’ll be replacing with a plastic cup (thanks to Fiona’s mom for the idea!) Is this better than before ? :D Anymore tips?? (Plant has organic soil covering the old soil, will be adding medium nonedible rocks soon)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 56
This is what I’ve got set up at the moment. I’ve got my 5.0 uvb light now, I cut the pothos into a third and set it in a container and hung it (hopefully it grows awesome). I got the vines going behind and around to make sort of a trail up there. I have the feeder behind the plant which I’ll be replacing with a plastic cup (thanks to Fiona’s mom for the idea!) Is this better than before ? :D Anymore tips?? (Plant has organic soil covering the old soil, will be adding medium nonedible rocks soon)
From what I can see the top looks better. The picture is kind of dark and hard to see though. Try taking one when it is lighter. Also...you said your girlfriend is going to help take care of your cham. Why don't you have her join the forum too so she gets tips and pointers. Who knows...she may want one of her own. They are addictive.

I’ll mention it to her! And do you recommend a Dracaena for the cage? I saw one at Lowe’s for 13$ it’s a pretty big one too. I also know that I’ll attain a HUGE addiction and want to get more and more!

I’ll mention it to her! And do you recommend a Dracaena for the cage? I saw one at Lowe’s for 13$ it’s a pretty big one too. I also know that I’ll attain a HUGE addiction and want to get more and more!
There are dracaena's that are safe but I would go with something with branches like an arborcola...more branches to climb on. Dracaena's don't have much in the way of branches to climb on. You really can't have too many things for your cham to climb on

There are dracaena's that are safe but I would go with something with branches like an arborcola...more branches to climb on. Dracaena's don't have much in the way of branches to climb on. You really can't have too many things for your cham to climb on
I feel like a Schefflera would be an awesome add to the condo as well. I want him to feel at home, and something that lets him explore. If I have the Schefflera arboricola and a pothos would that be too much?

I feel like a Schefflera would be an awesome add to the condo as well. I want him to feel at home, and something that lets him explore. If I have the Schefflera arboricola and a pothos would that be too much?
No you want lots of hiding areas . Your boy will feel safer . Also if he needs shade he will have plenty of it . We have both in Septiseye condo .

Not at all. In Lil Louie's outside cage I have a large pothos hanging basket...one varigated arborcola...one solid green one and a braided hibiscus tree.

Not at all. In Lil Louie's outside cage I have a large pothos hanging basket...one varigated arborcola...one solid green one and a braided hibiscus tree.
We as well have Hibiscus . There actually not in there condo’s we bring them in and out summer we bring them outside . Right now there the windo trees for there free range . Frances love eating her Hibiscus .

We as well have Hibiscus . There actually not in there condo’s we bring them in and out summer we bring them outside . Right now there the windo trees for there free range . Frances love eating her Hibiscus .
Since I live in Fl...we have no problem with hibiscus getting enough light and it is my favorite plant for chams but I know up north they are usually only sold seasonally. Same with gardenia's:love:.

Since I live in Fl...we have no problem with hibiscus getting enough light and it is my favorite plant for chams but I know up north they are usually only sold seasonally. Same with gardenia's:love:.
I’ve not had luck in the condo’s I think that’s it just not enough light . . We keep them in the summer out side . I’ve had issues with bugs in the past bring them in . This is the first winter I’ve had no bug issues and have made past a month inside . There so beautiful. They are most definitely seasonal here .

Back
Top Bottom