Advice on New cham

I ran the fishing line on the rod and into the cage and made a sort of sideways “D” shape and the plant is hanging fine I just don’t like how it is. It hands to low and I feel like it places unnecessary stress on the screen cage.
Good news is you have some time to try different ways out .

Good news is you have some time to try different ways out .
Yeah I’m going to have to use the rod and place it on top of the screen and cut out a small hole so I can fit some zip ties through and just hang the plant off the zip ties. The plant is long so I’ll keep it hung for a while until it get long enough to just hang the vine around the cage.

Yeah I’m going to have to use the rod and place it on top of the screen and cut out a small hole so I can fit some zip ties through and just hang the plant off the zip ties. The plant is long so I’ll keep it hung for a while until it get long enough to just hang the vine around the cage.
In the Am I will post some pics of our condos . Might help with set up ideas .

A905E37C-3790-47D7-8D66-205F98A5279E.jpeg DDB761F2-37F1-47A3-96ED-9DD17A7BDF17.jpeg 621C31FF-784D-49C1-9C77-7C81DB26314D.jpeg 9E060F85-908C-455D-AC77-24D02EDF6EAF.jpeg 1613F4B2-2629-4581-8AD6-DF9894D2DCC9.jpeg Sorry it took so long to post pics . Here’s a few idea’s .

Your chameleon looks amazing ! And is that hanging from vine? Or is it a hook covered in vine?
Both plants are hanging from floral wire off the hooks . Then I wrapped the floral wire with Vines , so no little Grabby feet get cut . I used a 2x4 across the top cut at 25 in . It left 1/2 inch on both sides of Condo , there’s no weight on the screen . The floral wire fits through the screen . I wrapped it several times around both the hanger and the 2 x 4 so it’s good sturdy .

This is Septiseye , Septiseye is a little love . He was not in his condo . 1DE9706D-5021-4987-ABE8-8F56A94A447F.jpeg That is Frances in the first pics :love:. I believe she is working on a clutch . She’s pretty big but does not have her laying colors . Her bin is in the back behind her plant . You plan on a male ?

Sorry I'm late to this party. The first picture is my "baby cham" enclosure. The second one is my custom closet enclosure.The last one is how it looks now. The other side will be occupied in a few months when I get my baby cham! My personal preference for feeding is out of a dish when they are growing because I can really monitor the amount they are eating. One my chams reach adult hood I will free range more of their food like horn worms and preying mantis'. If you need any help with building an enclosure I can help :).

Attachments

• 20180104_123050.jpg
    20180104_123050.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20180116_140939.jpg
    20180116_140939.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 20180210_143441.jpg
    20180210_143441.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 48
Frances we hand feed or cup feed . Once We know she has eaten enough and can get what she eating down ok we will let her Hunt for a bit . Septiseye we had to pull of worms for a bit he was on a cricket and roach strike . We always cupfeed crickets or they end up in the bedroom heater at 2am sing songs !!.

Sorry I'm late to this party. The first picture is my "baby cham" enclosure. The second one is my custom closet enclosure.The last one is how it looks now. The other side will be occupied in a few months when I get my baby cham! My personal preference for feeding is out of a dish when they are growing because I can really monitor the amount they are eating. One my chams reach adult hood I will free range more of their food like horn worms and preying mantis'. If you need any help with building an enclosure I can help :).
When I decide to build a mansion I’ll let you know ! Your Cham looks awesome. Also how did you hang your plant!?

When I decide to build a mansion I’ll let you know ! Your Cham looks awesome. Also how did you hang your plant!?

My plants aren't hanging... on my other side I'm gonna have a potho I think. But if you have a screen cage get a piece of wood that is about 2 inches longer than the top of your cage and poke a small hole though the screen and wrap some metal wire around the wood and use that as a hook. It will be supported by the frame of the cage :)

5086C5ED-0387-4651-BAF1-BD0885A2A7AE.jpeg
382F0145-7340-40DD-A6BF-702D67A1E87F.jpeg
This is my finished Chameleon condo. The plant isn’t long enough to hang the vines. But it will get there soon enough! I have the vines running through in corners for hideaways, as well to hold her bowl. The basking spot is 8” down from the top. I have gotten most of everything so far! The 5.0 uvb bulb and bulb hood will be added tomorrow (local pet store just got reptiles and have a shipment coming in tomorrow.) pretty good for right now. Anybody got any other ideas on what I should add!?

You will need more foliage up high. They live high up in trees so spend most of their time twowards the upper section of the habitat. Looking good though. Are you planning on cup feeding or loose feeders?

You will need more foliage up high. They live high up in trees so spend most of their time twowards the upper section of the habitat. Looking good though. Are you planning on cup feeding or loose feeders?
I’ll have to move things around then, and for the most part I’d put the feeders in the bowl. I’m pretty sure they’d escape though.

Looks good but still needs some more work. The top looks empty. Your chameleon will be near the top most of the time and needs coverage, vines and branches there. You need to hang your plant. It will be a poop catcher on the bottom. :eek: It will also make it hard to clean the bottom of your cage.

Back
Top Bottom