Advice on New cham

Love the name. My Lil Louie is named after his great great grandfather Luie...Jann's original. I'm spelling it a little different and when he gets bigger he will be King Louie because I feel like he comes from royalty. Amos and Fiona are both awesome. Fiona was a great cham and she will always have a piece of my heart...I was just a nervous wreck when it came to egg time.
All @jannb babies are gorgeous !!. We are just tickled pink that @jannb feels we can provide a good home . We want a house full of scaly babies . I can’t wait to see what phoebe’s personality is like . Septiseye and Frances could not be more different personality wise . If all go’s well we will have 5 baby panthers late spring :love: . We just can’t wait . @Jonathan.N im not sure if anyone has warned you chameleons are additive theirs never just one :love: .

All @jannb babies are gorgeous !!. We are just tickled pink that @jannb feels we can provide a good home . We want a house full of scaly babies . I can’t wait to see what phoebe’s personality is like . Septiseye and Frances could not be more different personality wise . If all go’s well we will have 5 baby panthers late spring :love: . We just can’t wait . @Jonathan.N im not sure if anyone has warned you chameleons are additive theirs never just one :love: .

I too am getting my baby boy from Jann. Fiona the mother of the babies was my first. She wanted to breed her male to her and I wanted a male so we both win. I live in Central Florida and Jann is in the Southern part so I will be picking up my Lil Louie later this month. I am excited to see Fiona again...I know she has the best home ever. It will be fun catching up on all the siblings on the forum.

Beautiful choice!
I can’t wait to get mine!

It is a glass condo. I’m about to put in the pothos but I have to get it washed out and everything first!
Yes you can wash it in your shower . Then just let it dry . You want to repot at least 3 inches I like to repot the whole plant . That’s up to you . Is there screen on the top and where does it open from ?.

I
I bet these will be full of love and silliness! And I’m actually hoping for that! Once I learn more I want to get a panther one too! I’ll jabe to wait until I get a better hold on the care but I will get there!

Yes you can wash it in your shower . Then just let it dry . You want to repot at least 3 inches I like to repot the whole plant . That’s up to you . Is there screen on the top and where does it open from ?.
There is screen at the top and it has doors it opens from. There is a main door and a lower one for cleaning there is also a removable bottom.

There is screen at the top and it has doors it opens from. There is a main door and a lower one for cleaning there is also a removable bottom.
Ok do you know how you want it set up ? If you place a piece of wood across the top you can run wire , I use floral wire through the screen and wrap it around the wood and hang the plant . If you choose to hang the plant make sure the lights are off screen . The babies love to hang off screens , they can get burnt .

I

I bet these will be full of love and silliness! And I’m actually hoping for that! Once I learn more I want to get a panther one too! I’ll jabe to wait until I get a better hold on the care but I will get there!
If you can care for a veiled successfully and I trust you will ;) . You can care for a panther . When you decide to look into panthers talk with @Matt Vanilla Gorilla . You will not get a happier baby . Matt and Jessica are absolutely amazing . Their a home based family business , they will be with you every step of the way just like @jannb will be . Our Septiseye is one of @Matt Vanilla Gorilla babies we have had Septiseye just over a year he is such a love .

Ok do you know how you want it set up ? If you place a piece of wood across the top you can run wire , I use floral wire through the screen and wrap it around the wood and hang the plant . If you choose to hang the plant make sure the lights are off screen . The babies love to hang off screens , they can get burnt .
I have a piece of wood that I got from Lowe’s. I was thinking about running fishing
Line for a better hold. I don’t know if that’s bad or not!.. as for the light, I’ll make sure not to let it touch the screen so nobody gets hurt.

I have a piece of wood that I got from Lowe’s. I was thinking about running fishing
Line for a better hold. I don’t know if that’s bad or not!.. as for the light, I’ll make sure not to let it touch the screen so nobody gets hurt.
What is the gauge of the fishing line ?

If you can care for a veiled successfully and I trust you will ;) . You can care for a panther . When you decide to look into panthers talk with @Matt Vanilla Gorilla . You will not get a happier baby . Matt and Jessica are absolutely amazing . Their a home based family business , they will be with you every step of the way just like @jannb will be . Our Septiseye is one of @Matt Vanilla Gorilla babies we have had Septiseye just over a year he is such a love .
Thanks! And I hope so. I want to keep the Chams healthy and happy especially so I can see those awesom colors!

Thanks! And I hope so. I want to keep the Chams healthy and happy especially so I can see those awesom colors!
You will your starting with a healthy baby . You will have @jannb help . Perfect your hasbandry and don’t be afraid to ask question . We all start someplace :love: . No one can say with your little girl what happened she could have been sick well before you got her . It’s never a good sign for chameleons to be closing eye/sleeping through the day . That’s more then not the case with pet store chameleons unfortunately . It’s a terrible experience and you will question if it was you . Learn what you can from the experience as sad as it is :love: .

It will stretch over time . You would want to keep that in mind with making your choice .
I ran the fishing line on the rod and into the cage and made a sort of sideways “D” shape and the plant is hanging fine I just don’t like how it is. It hands to low and I feel like it places unnecessary stress on the screen cage.

Back
Top Bottom