acting weird

meganm85

ok...Elliot has been acting a little weird lately....yesterday i posted pics of his "special stick" and found out that he is.... i guess horny....i dont know how else to put that...lol..anyways every time i walk by his enclosure he walks down to the front and sits there like he wants some attention...so i stand there and look at him and sometimes take a couple pics..... well today he came down and got really huffed up...bigger than normal...he opened up his mouth real big but he didnt seem angry or stressed.....then he went to his "special stick" and started rubbing his face on the stick....yesterday he did the same thing then and munched up a dead leaf (which i took out right away)...is this typical behavior for a 6-7 month panther?

Dead leaf munching? My veiled does it when I can't get to the dead leaves fast enough. Other threads say it's fine. He could be opening his mouth to 'pop a shed' if that makes sense. That would explain the head rubbing too. Does he look like he's gonna shed at all?

Do you know when he shed last and the things he is doing to me means he will shed within the next 48 hours is my guess

let me think...i got him the week of Christmas and he shed that week.... then about 2-3 weeks later he shed again...your probably right...maybe thats why he comes running every time i have the spray bottle....he sure is a funny lil guy!!

Now he is older there will be longer gaps between sheds. He may also just shed in 'bits' - shedding his head, body, legs, etc at different times. When they get older they don't just pop out of the shed in matter of hours like they do as babies. Sounds like he's around that age where feeding slows down a bit and shedding is much less often. Amy used to shed every 4 weeks until she hit 6 months, then nothing for 3 months! My first female always shed every 3 months too.

Now he is older there will be longer gaps between sheds. He may also just shed in 'bits' - shedding his head, body, legs, etc at different times. When they get older they don't just pop out of the shed in matter of hours like they do as babies. Sounds like he's around that age where feeding slows down a bit and shedding is much less often. Amy used to shed every 4 weeks until she hit 6 months, then nothing for 3 months! My first female always shed every 3 months too.

his head does seem to have a couple flakes on it....i did also notice he doesn't eat like he used to either....they grow up so fast! lol

Ya maybe my 7.5 month old BB sheds about every 3-4 weeks still and he still just pops out in only a few hours. It probably just depends on how fast hes growing.

Mine are veileds - I think they are more likely to shed in 'stages' when they get older. Hopefully, someone who keeps Panthers will be able to tell you more about their shedding patterns.

Back
Top Bottom