A flowering vine?

addicted

Established Member
Can anyone suggest a flowering vine type plant that would be safe for chams?

My Hibiscus tree died (left it outside too long...Canadian winter got the best of it!) but the shape of the tree is very nice and I'd like to find a nice flowering vine to let grow on it.

I was thinking along the lines of Morning Glory or Clematis but they're not on the 'safe list'...anyone have any ideas?

I know bougainvillea is safe for chams. The thorns don't bother them. I have them in most of my cages... with Veileds and Panthers with no issues. Some even seem to favor the Bougainvillea to hang out on over the other plants. I wonder if they think the thorns provide them extra security. Just be careful not to prick yourself. :)

Last edited:
After a quick search on google, this looks perfect for what I want to use it for, it will fill out nicely and cover the branches of the dead hibiscus.
The flowers are very bright too, Perfect!

Thanks guys!!!

Last edited:
After a quick search on google, this looks perfect for what I want to use it for, it will fill out nicely and cover the branches of the dead hibiscus.
The flowers are very bright too, Perfect!

Thanks guys!!!

Many flowering plants including morning glory need a LOT of light at the right time to actually flower. The vine might grow fine, but it may never put out a bloom. Doesn't mean you can't try though.

Back
Top Bottom