1000 dubias!!!!

Hens be bitches to new chickens! I got two chicks last year and my current two chickens lost their minds and tried to kill them! I had to seperate them and build the new girls their own coop! $$$$$

They're all good now but what a hassle it was to get them integrated!
Wow, seems like women IRL :ROFLMAO: I would definitely be interested eventually in how you build your coop because now I'm imagining having my own chickens

Ugh you talked me into it
Just make sure you get as many as you can so you don't have to add any later. If raised up from chicks together they'll be one happy flock with an established pecking order. And hope you don't get a rooster by accident! It sucks having to cull them. I recommend red stars and black stars. They ain't fancy but they are cold hardy, don't ever go broody, are great egg layers, they're curious and friendly, and most importantly are sex-linked (you can tell females from males at hatch by color! So no accidental roosters! )

Just make sure you get as many as you can so you don't have to add any later. If raised up from chicks together they'll be one happy flock with an established pecking order. And hope you don't get a rooster by accident! It sucks having to cull them. I recommend red stars and black stars. They ain't fancy but they are cold hardy, don't ever go broody, are great egg layers, they're curious and friendly, and most importantly are sex-linked (you can tell females from males at hatch by color! So no accidental roosters! )
Just talked to my husband about it and he’s on board (y) He loves egg lol is it true you don’t have to refrigerate fresh laid eggs because of the protective layer on them?

Last edited:
Just talked to my husband about it and he’s on board (y) He loves egg lol is it true you don’t have to refrigerate free laid eggs because of the protective layer on them?
True, as long as you don't wash them until you are ready to use them. I do still refrigerate mine so that they last even longer though!

I found I have to put my chickens back in their run when I have Max out on his little fruit trees in the yard, otherwise they circle the tree like velociraptors! They can jump as well (though not actually fly.)

BYE!!!! miss you already...
6094D2B4-BCD4-4663-B92E-216C69A01865.jpeg

I’m now the owner of 1000 roaches!!! It was a great deal. The guy was super chill and is really interested in chameleons so I advised him to join our little chamily to learn more about chameleons and to find the right breeder for him and local. I found a roach having babies already
13EBDBA0-F142-4E69-97A5-5752716B5702.jpeg
4971C0B8-577A-4298-986A-F4CABF330401.jpeg
64913FDC-A9F2-42F4-88EE-3A5B5FEF54FF.jpeg

I’m now the owner of 1000 roaches!!! It was a great deal. The guy was super chill and is really interested in chameleons so I advised him to join our little chamily to learn more about chameleons and to find the right breeder for him and local. I found a roach having babies alreadyView attachment 236946View attachment 236947View attachment 236948

Dubia roaches are live bearers. The egg case you see will soon go back into her body and will be inbucated internally.

Back
Top Bottom