Zoo update.

KobaOregonherper

Chameleon Enthusiast
I was able to get some more information. Turned into a volunteer job... They have two leaf tailed geckos in there with the chameleon. They're using two compact basking/uvb bulbs and no dedicated uvb. They keep the temp at 75F and 26% humidity. The water bowl is there for the geckos but also state regulation. The sand is for looks and looks alone. The plants are non existant because they've failed to keep them alive. The chameleon has signs of BMD. I brought up every one of my concerns as well as known issues. Currently still at the zoo setting up a time to help fix the enclosure. We'll see if it changes anything. The zoologist is uneducated when it comes to non native reptiles.

Attachments

• 20190429_125128.jpg
    20190429_125128.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 20190429_125135.jpg
    20190429_125135.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190429_125208.jpg
    20190429_125208.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20190429_125800.jpg
    20190429_125800.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 20190429_125317.jpg
    20190429_125317.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 63
I was able to get some more information. Turned into a volunteer job... They have two leaf tailed geckos in there with the chameleon. They're using two compact basking/uvb bulbs and no dedicated uvb. They keep the temp at 75F and 26% humidity. The water bowl is there for the geckos but also state regulation. The sand is for looks and looks alone. The plants are non existant because they've failed to keep them alive. The chameleon has signs of BMD. I brought up every one of my concerns as well as known issues. Currently still at the zoo setting up a time to help fix the enclosure. We'll see if it changes anything. The zoologist is uneducated when it comes to non native reptiles.
Thats aweome of you. Especially since you or going out of your way, to help. God bless, you have a huge heart, and karma will be in your favour. Only wish I could help lol,

The power of one who is equipped with the right knowledge! Great job!

I hope so, they seemed surprised that they were doing things wrong. Getting them to take the geckos out might be impossible since they dont have anywhere else to put them. I argued then they should look at rehoming them or the chameleon...

They maybe ok they may not. As long as the chameleon isn't stressed by seeing them. My only worry is for the safety of the geckos in case Daddy Panther gets extra hungry one day. But why they did that I have no idea!?

They maybe ok they may not. As long as the chameleon isn't stressed by seeing them. My only worry is for the safety of the geckos in case Daddy Panther gets extra hungry one day. But why they did that I have no idea!?

The two leaf tailed geckos are much too large for him to try and eat, they kept them together because they're "from the same climate and general location." He didnt seem all to stressed by them. They're nocturnal hunters anyway so they dont interact much.

Back
Top Bottom