Zoo Med Repti Fogger

I heard they are ok but everyone will recommend a mistking for humidity.I haven't heard anything bad about it.

Chamaeleo calyptratus is one of the last chameleon species which needs a fogger. They live in deserts.
To provide a good water supply, buy a mistking.

Foggers aren't a great idea because of the amount of cleaning it takes to maintain them. Foggers also clog up with minerals from tap water. If using a fogger, it is best to use reverse osmosis water or distilled water.

yes im using ro water... i am using a fogger with the veiled just for a little bit because to raise humidity so she can wash her eye out of debris that i think is causeing her to keep it shut most of the day

I don't think the fogger is gonna produce enough moisture. I think youmight have better luck with long showers, once or twice a day. Or increase you misting times or buying a misting system so you don't have to hand mist for long periods of time.

I would mist for at least a good 5-10 minutes with warm water.

I just Hooked up my mistking about a week ago and it holds the humidity great. only drops about 5ish percent in between misting and releases a perfect amount of water for my guys to drink anywhere in there cages when they want

I don't think the fogger is gonna produce enough moisture.

Oh it can, and it will but it's all in 'fog' form.
If you're going to use one, make sure it's directly on a plant or it's going to soak your cage (at medium-high settings running all day I'm talking about).

PSI ya i have it running through the foliage and its on high all day long but i do give it a break its on a timer ...it comes on heavy every 2 hours

How are you measuring cage humidity? What is the cage like? Plants? Screen, glass? Please describe your setup, temps, lighting, etc. All these things play in to cage humidity so we can't help you as well without knowing more.

For example, an all glass terrarium will require much different fogging or misting cycles than a screen one. A screen cage can be modified with plastic sheeting and more live plants to help hold in humidity. The humidity level in the room, whether you need an AC in summer also affects it a lot.

Your veiled isn't going to need HIGH humidity for long periods during the day, but a fogger in addition to regular misting can level out the drops in humidity that can cause eye irritation. But, if your cham isn't getting enough to drink from spraying or a misting system the fogger won't totally make up for that.

its a screen cage, my plant is a pothos, and i measure it with a hygrometer i knw the fogger wont give him any water supply i use a little dripper for that

Oh it can, and it will but it's all in 'fog' form.
If you're going to use one, make sure it's directly on a plant or it's going to soak your cage (at medium-high settings running all day I'm talking about).

The purpose of misting is to give the animal a chance to clean it's eyes. A fogger wouldn't produce enough moisture for this, unless the animal sat in front of the fogger for a long time. This is what I meant when I said it wouldn't produce enough moisture. They are good for overall humidity changes... but not for chams to clean their eyes with...

I now have just installed my misting system into two of my cages and before the mist it was at 46% but jumped to 60% without it even visibly touching the probe. With three 2 minute plant and slight lizard
(HAND SPRAYER) mistings it stayed around 40% to 78% . For a simple cheap basic humidy option i suggest a humidifier. I bought a 15$ walgreens one which is just cool mist. But a heated one may help you maintain temps. The humidity in the cage can contribute to eye problems but a repti fogger isnt going to help you much. I'd spray the lizard in the gentlest way you could with warm water as not to taunt it with a hand manual sprayer. Poor blinky :-(

A Zoo Med Repti Fogger is a piece of crap. i have 4 of the worthless things in my closet that i would sell really cheap - but you would get what you pay for!!! I use a Crane Humidifier bought at Target for $30 that works beautifully. I have quads & jacksons which need a lot of humidity. The fogger you are looking at just doesn't hold up. Only Zoo Med product I have ever purchased that I hated. jmo

laurie yes it is crap lol i just trying to give her as much humidity as possible by the repti fogger also mistings....and lil dripper

Whats Are Peoples Thoughts About These Product....and does it keep the humidity in the tank nice for a veiled

It would be more humidity than is needed for a veiled, IMO. Unless you live out in the Colorado Desert or some place very dry like that.

I really like this product. The one I have is set up over a rehab tank. It worked well to rehabilitate a very skinny and dehydrated montium male who is still going strong. It does drip a little from condensation so as long as you figure on how to deal with that, it's perfect.

I'm not talking about if you need one or not just what works better. Buy a regular ultrasonic humidifier (not one that heats the water)that has a round hole on the top. You can stuff a piece of washing machine flexible drain hose into it. Cost less money and holds far more water.

Back
Top Bottom