Zaphod has passed...

Decadancin

Moderatoris Americanus
Staff member
It is the inevitable that when we choose to bring animals into our families that we must also deal with them getting older and passing away. Zaphod has left us just shy of his 5 year hatch day. He was definitely slowing down for a while and this did not come as a surprise, but it doesn't make it any easier. He will be missed, but never forgotten.

Rest In Paradise Little One...

:(

Michael and Andrea, I am so very sorry to hear about Zaphod. I know he will be missed. He certainly was a gorgeous boy and I hope you will eventually remember only the happy memories of him. Mike sends his condolences.

Oh my gosh Michael, I'm so sorry to hear about Zaphod passing! I feel like he and Stanley kinda grew up together, maybe it was that we grew with them! Dwell on the many good memories of your handsome boy!
He had a good life, you both were blessed!
Lisa and Stanley

Thanks again for all the well wishes and condolences. We definitely appreciate it. His enclosure will get emptied out and cleaned this week and hopefully at some point we will have a new scaley baby in our home.

So just cruising through the forums and decided to see the latest podcast...

http://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/ep-79-mourning-your-chameleon/

Found this unexpected topic. It is well done in my opinion and I hope some of you check it out. It just may help.

Here is one quote that I especially found to be helpful...

"Now, It is incredibly hard to find a silver lining in this, though a universal truth is that the sadder you are, the deeper you loved. And the deeper you loved, the more the relationship changed you. And that is a beautiful thing. Beautiful things are not always free of pain and change as a human being is rarely with out discomfort. Regardless of whether you can see good in this or not, there is no getting around that right now you feel horrible. And I am going to say that is okay. It’s healthy. You lost a friend. Allow yourself the time to process what is happening. This is not the time to dull your feelings by immediately replacing your chameleon. Give yourself time. Don’t worry, another baby chameleon will be available when you have worked through your sorrow and figured out what happened." - Bill Strand

Great job Bill! :) I hope you don't mind but I will probably link this a bunch for people to see.

Bill is really good at podcasting (and making cages), but what I love most about them is his humanity towards his subjects. Haven't heard this one yet, but am sure it will be fantastic.

So just cruising through the forums and decided to see the latest podcast...

http://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/ep-79-mourning-your-chameleon/

Found this unexpected topic. It is well done in my opinion and I hope some of you check it out. It just may help.

Here is one quote that I especially found to be helpful...

"Now, It is incredibly hard to find a silver lining in this, though a universal truth is that the sadder you are, the deeper you loved. And the deeper you loved, the more the relationship changed you. And that is a beautiful thing. Beautiful things are not always free of pain and change as a human being is rarely with out discomfort. Regardless of whether you can see good in this or not, there is no getting around that right now you feel horrible. And I am going to say that is okay. It’s healthy. You lost a friend. Allow yourself the time to process what is happening. This is not the time to dull your feelings by immediately replacing your chameleon. Give yourself time. Don’t worry, another baby chameleon will be available when you have worked through your sorrow and figured out what happened." - Bill Strand

Great job Bill! :) I hope you don't mind but I will probably link this a bunch for people to see.

You are welcome to quote and link to anyone and anywhere that it may help. We in the chameleon community are the ones that really understand how hard it is when it is time for our chameleon to pass. And I am hoping that this episode would be a help for keepers that aren't sure if they will be made fun of because of how much they cared for their pet. No way! We have been there! We know how it feels!

I really loved your picture progression of Zaphod's life. That was a very cool tribute!

Back
Top Bottom